Author Topic: US to Extend Deportation Relief for More Than 300,000 Migrants  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US to Extend Deportation Relief for More Than 300,000 Migrants
June 14, 2023 3:17 AM
Aline Barros

WASHINGTON —
The Biden administration said Tuesday it would extend through 2025 the temporary legal status of more than 300,000 immigrants from El Salvador, Honduras, Nepal and Nicaragua who had faced the risk of deportation and loss of work permits under the Trump administration's policies.

Under the Temporary Protected Status program, the Biden administration will permit migrants from these four countries to continue their lawful residence and employment in the United States.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement that through the extension of Temporary Protected Status, "we are able to offer continued safety and protection to current beneficiaries who are nationals of El Salvador, Honduras, Nepal, and Nicaragua who are already present in the United States and cannot return because of the impacts of environmental disasters."

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-to-extend-deportation-relief-for-more-than-300-000-migrants/7136548.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson