Author Topic: First Muslim Majority City in U.S. Bans Gay Pride Flags  (Read 781 times)

Offline corbe

First Muslim Majority City in U.S. Bans Gay Pride Flags
« on: June 15, 2023, 02:35:07 pm »
First Muslim Majority City in U.S. Bans Gay Pride Flags

“You can’t stop that.”

June 15, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield

Awkward, but running a rainbow coalition is challenging. Black people initially dissented from the LGBTQ movement. Lefties ignored the problem and waited for them to come around. They figure Muslims are the same way and they can just outwait them. But that won’t work. Islam is not just a set of cultural attitudes. And while Islamists post-9/11 played the damsel in distress, the rainbow coalition is now getting a dose of reality.

After hours of debate and hearing from residents, Hamtramck City Council has passed the resolution to ban LGBTQ+ Pride flags unanimously.

Hamtramck is the first majority-Muslim city in America. And the LGBTQ movement clashes with Islam.

Some members of the all-Muslim council said the pride flag clashes with the beliefs of some members of their faith.

Bad news for diversity.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/first-muslim-majority-city-in-u-s-bans-gay-pride-flags/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: First Muslim Majority City in U.S. Bans Gay Pride Flags
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 02:37:39 pm »
It could be worse.  At least they aren't tossing Alphabet people off of the roofs of tall buildings..... yet.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 02:37:50 pm »
:mauslaff:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 02:52:35 pm »
This may look good at the onset, but people need to keep in mind that the muzzies seek world domination. They are playing the long game. We can't turn and show them our backs. Ever.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 09:04:59 pm »
You're absolutely right, Fred.

Regardless of the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", we must NEVER consider the muslims to be "friends".

They are sworn enemies of Christianity (actually, any religion other than their own).

I'm on record in this forum for stating that all muslims in dar al harb be returned to dar al islam.
I stand by that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 09:19:39 pm »

Regardless of the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", we must NEVER consider the muslims to be "friends".

They are sworn enemies of Christianity (actually, any religion other than their own).

I'm on record in this forum for stating that all muslims in dar al harb be returned to dar al islam.
I stand by that.
There is enough fighting between sects of Islam that I doubt the alleged reality of Dar al Islam, ever.  The appearance of being unified only comes when pitted against Christians or others not following their prophet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 09:24:31 pm »

I stand by that.
@Fishrrman

I am standing with you. :beer:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 09:45:51 pm »
I have long maintained that Islam and our Constitutional Republic are incompatible.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 02:52:16 am »
I have long maintained that Islam and our Constitutional Republic are incompatible.
A few years ago I read an article where a number of Muslim American students were interviewed. First, they were asked about the U.S. constitution and most of them thought it was a good thing.
Then they were asked whether they'd rather have the country ruled by the constitution or sharia law. They unanimously said sharia law.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2023, 04:36:35 am »
You won't find the story on any mainstream News outlit, local or national. But if this  was any town in America with average demographics, whites, blacks, Asian, Hispanic, etc it would be plastered all over.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 08:42:52 am »
You won't find the story on any mainstream News outlit, local or national. But if this  was any town in America with average demographics, whites, blacks, Asian, Hispanic, etc it would be plastered all over.
...and referred to as a 'hate crime'.

Animal Farm references come to mind.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2023, 03:30:03 pm »
‘A sense of betrayal’: liberal dismay as Muslim-led US city bans Pride flags
Many liberals celebrated when Hamtramck, Michigan, elected a Muslim-majority council in 2015 but a vote to exclude LGBTQ+ flags from city property has soured relations
Tom Perkins
Sat 17 Jun 2023 06.00 EDT
In 2015, many liberal residents in Hamtramck, Michigan, celebrated as their city attracted international attention for becoming the first in the United States to elect a Muslim-majority city council.

They viewed the power shift and diversity as a symbolic but meaningful rebuke of the Islamophobic rhetoric that was a central theme of then Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s campaign.

This week many of those same residents watched in dismay as a now fully Muslim and socially conservative city council passed legislation banning Pride flags from being flown on city property that had – like many others being flown around the country – been intended to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.

Muslim residents packing city hall erupted in cheers after the council’s unanimous vote, and on Hamtramck’s social media pages, the taunting has been relentless: “Fagless City”, read one post, emphasized with emojis of a bicep flexing.  ...

“There’s a sense of betrayal,” said the former Hamtramck mayor Karen Majewski, who is Polish American. “We supported you when you were threatened, and now our rights are threatened, and you’re the one doing the threatening.”  ...
The Guardian

Liberals betrayed by the Muzzies they thought would agree with them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 03:44:00 pm »
“There’s a sense of betrayal,” said the former Hamtramck mayor Karen Majewski, who is Polish American. “We supported you when you were threatened, and now our rights are threatened, and you’re the one doing the threatening.”

There is no betrayal. The muzzies didn't suddenly become anti gay. They always have been.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2023, 03:50:07 pm »
There is no betrayal. The muzzies didn't suddenly become anti gay. They always have been.
They're still tossing homosexuals off the rooftops in the Middle East, but American leftists choose to ignore it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2023, 03:56:30 pm »
“There’s a sense of betrayal,” said the former Hamtramck mayor Karen Majewski, who is Polish American. “We supported you when you were threatened, and now our rights are threatened, and you’re the one doing the threatening.”  ...

You Dumb Polack!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2023, 05:09:49 pm »
It could be worse.  At least they aren't tossing Alphabet people off of the roofs of tall buildings..... yet.

@Wingnut

Give them time,and it WILL happen,although I suspect it is tough to find a U-haul trailer to haul your stuff away in Hamtrack today. Give them another month,and it might be tough to find a homo in Hamtrack.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2023, 05:15:12 pm »
This may look good at the onset, but people need to keep in mind that the muzzies seek world domination. They are playing the long game. We can't turn and show them our backs. Ever.

@bigheadfred

Doesn't even look good  at the  onset. Homosexual Americans have the SAME rights as all other Americans,and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Having said that,it automatically means they do NOT have the rights to rape children,or harm anyone else in any way unless it is in self-defense.

BTW,I suspect the child rapist branch of homos are a minority of the homo population,but like all professional "Ah am ah VICTUM" groups,everybody tries to pretend they are all the same,with the same grievances.

Even if some ARE willing to come out in public and condemn child sexual abuse,we would never hear anything about it unless it was someone that was a wealthy celebrity.

The Media of today is clearly one of America's most dangerous enemies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!