Author Topic: Surprise! Canada Smoke Causes 50% Reduction in Solar Power Production in the Northeastern US  (Read 244 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surprise! Canada Smoke Causes 50% Reduction in Solar Power Production in the Northeastern US
By Jim Hoft Jun. 9, 2023 8:30 am268 Comments

Solar power generation in parts of the northeastern United States has taken a significant hit in recent weeks, primarily due to smoke from wildfires in Canada. A thick shroud of smoke has caused solar power production in these areas to plummet by more than 50%.

Solar farms that power New England, for example, were generating 56% less energy at peak demand times compared to just a week before, according to data from ISO-NE per Bloomberg.

ISO New England is a non-profit, independent regional transmission organization that provides services to the six states of the New England region: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moreover, power generation across the areas serviced by PJM Interconnection LLC, which extends from Illinois to North Carolina, decreased by about 25% compared to the previous week.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/canada-smoke-causes-50-reduction-solar-power-production/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

There has been a huge push in this area with a lot of solicitors trying to sell solar panels.  There was so much solicitation that the city made it mandatory that all solicitors must get a permit to solicit or it becomes illegal to solicit.

Secondly, homeowner insurance companies are either canceling those with solar panels or increasing their premiums significantly.  Solar is not cost effective even though most of our days are sunny.  Batteries to fully run a home on solar are expensive and this nonsense that the electric companies will give you $$ is false.  I did the research and we received an informational flyers regarding how the electric company will reimburse; it's not all that the solar companies would have you believe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.