Author Topic: Greens Want EVs — But Not The Materials Needed To Make And Run Them  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY GLENN H. REYNOLDS ON JUN 14, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Greens Want EVs — But Not The Materials Needed To Make And Run Them

Why is it that greens want everyone to drive electric cars but don’t want people to have electricity? Or, it seems the cars.

I noted last week in these pages how the people who want everyone to have an electric car in the garage have also been pursuing policies that, per the North American Electric Reliability Corporation’s latest report, are likely to result in rolling blackouts this summer.

Fossil fuel and nuclear plants are being taken offline (bye, Indian Point!) while their replacements with “renewables” like wind and solar lag and often fail to produce power when it’s most needed.

Nothing has improved on that front. But the thing about electric cars is that they don’t just need electricity, they also need batteries to store it in. And electric motors.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/greens-want-evs-but-not-the-materials-needed-to-make-and-run-them/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson