Author Topic: Electric Buses Weigh More, Raising Infrastructure Costs  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric Buses Weigh More, Raising Infrastructure Costs
« on: June 15, 2023, 11:59:24 am »
Electric Buses Weigh More, Raising Infrastructure Costs
Heartland Author

June 5, 2023

By The Antiplanner
Electric buses weigh more and put more stress on infrastructure than regular buses, as Indianapolis transit agency Indygo realized when it discovered that the streets it paved for its bus rapid transit lines were wearing out after less than three years of service. Now it is repaving those streets, which is causing problems for businesses and annoying residents along the routes.

The Indianapolis Department of Public Works had urged Indygo to use thicker pavement, but Indygo — which was already spending four years and too much money on a bus line that it could have started practically overnight at little cost — decided to save money on a part of the project that would be less visible to most people. After all, the point of the project was to please politicians with colorful buses and flashy bus stops, not to provide better transportation service.

Typically, Indygo refuses to accept the blame for the problem, instead saying it was due to “aging infrastructure” (yes, it was almost three years old). The agency also labels the millions of dollars that it is now having to spend “enhancements” instead of repairs due its incompetence.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/06/electric-buses-weigh-more-raising-infrastructure-costs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Electric Buses Weigh More, Raising Infrastructure Costs
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 09:59:56 pm »
"Electric Buses Weigh More, Raising Infrastructure Costs"

But when they go, they go quickly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-yN8SugWM

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 10:02:48 pm »
I believe there's a story here at TBR somewhere about how parking structures may not be able to withstand the increased weight of electric cars, given how much the batteries weigh. Unintended consequences, or nah?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 10:05:20 pm »
I believe there's a story here at TBR somewhere about how parking structures may not be able to withstand the increased weight of electric cars, given how much the batteries weigh. Unintended consequences, or nah?

The leftists/marxists/globalists are pushing for the green -- so I'd say intentional consequences.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.