Author Topic: Newsweek: Inflicting Green Energy on Africa is Racist  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Newsweek: Inflicting Green Energy on Africa is Racist
« on: June 15, 2023, 11:39:51 am »
Newsweek: Inflicting Green Energy on Africa is Racist
2 hours ago Eric Worrall 
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Dr Willie Soon; Professor Ralph Schoellhammer slamming the cruel Western policy of coercing Africans embrace renewables, while refusing finance for zero carbon nuclear power and fossil fuel.

Climate Activism—Not Climate Change—Is the Real Racist Force. Africans Deserve Electricity | Opinion

RALPH SCHOELLHAMMER , ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE AT WEBSTER UNIVERSITY, VIENNA
ON 6/13/23 AT 8:00 AM EDT

We are often told that the climate crisis will be the main cause for future food shortages and a global upsurge in migration streams. But the truth is these crisis are more likely to be caused by climate policies than by climate change.

For example, the World Bank has announced a major initiative to electrify Africa with renewables—a notoriously unreliable and intermittent source of electricity—while simultaneously refusing to support the use of nuclear energy, the most reliable form of electricity production. This matters, on many fronts.

This need will not be satisfied by renewables, and while bored Western millionaires celebrate global underinvestment in oil and gas projects, it is the developing world that has to pay the price.

Don’t believe me? When the energy crisis of 2022 revealed that the end of fossil fuels is nowhere near, countries like Germany bought up every morsel of energy at any price in the global markets (while simultaneously firing up the coal power plants) and outbid countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh, causing blackouts, riots, and misery for the latter two.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/15/newsweek-inflicting-green-energy-on-africa-is-racist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson