Author Topic: Did Biden call UK PM Sunak 'prejudiced'? White House pressed on comments on state puberty blocker ba  (Read 224 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 14, 2023 4:57pm EDT
Did Biden call UK PM Sunak 'prejudiced'? White House pressed on comments on state puberty blocker bans
Britain's National Health Service said last week it would not routinely offer puberty-blocking drugs to children

By Brandon Gillespie | Fox News

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was pressed Wednesday for a response to the United Kingdom's decision to ban puberty blockers for minors despite President Biden's claim that American lawmakers pushing such bans were "hysterical" and "prejudiced."

Biden made the comments on June 8 during a joint press conference at the White House with U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, the first person of color elected British prime minister, and declared his administration was "not relenting" when it came to making sure LGBTQ Americans were "protected."

"When the president made those remarks, he was standing next to the prime minister from the United Kingdom, and afterward, the United Kingdom announced that they were going to be placing a ban on puberty blockers for minors in most cases. Will the president raise this human rights issue with his U.K. counterpart?" RealClearPolitics reporter Philip Wegmann asked Jean-Pierre during the daily White House press briefing.

"I didn't see those comments, so I can't respond to that directly. And I'm just not going to go beyond what the president said in those conversations," Jean-Pierre responded.

Wegmann also asked if the Biden administration intended to withhold Medicare funds or other federal healthcare dollars from states passing similar laws, but she said she didn't "have anything to add to that."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-call-uk-pm-sunak-prejudiced-white-house-pressed-comments-state-puberty-blocker-bans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34