Author Topic: Chamber of Commerce Sugar Coats Push for More Immigration with Flimsy Enforcement Fixes  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chamber of Commerce Sugar Coats Push for More Immigration with Flimsy Enforcement Fixes
June 13, 2023

Taking a page from Rahm Emanuel’s playbook, “Never let a serious crisis go to waste,” the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has alerted our nation’s leaders that they have a solution for America’s raging border chaos. In reality, it’s an exploitative blueprint for dramatically increasing immigration, predictably by an organization that has long promoted unending flows of foreign labor and mass amnesty with no regard for how doing so would displace American workers.

In its recent letter to Congress, the Chamber announced the launch of its Legal Immigration and Border Enforcement Reform This Year (LIBERTY) Campaign promising to fix our “broken system” with a “comprehensive solution” – tiresome buzzwords that cause true immigration reform activists to run for the hills.

Six major pillars of “reform” are offered yet only two are enforcement-related, and only tenuously so:

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/06/13/chamber-commerce-sugar-coats-push-more-immigration-flimsy-enforcement-fixes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson