Author Topic: Foreign National Pleads Guilty to Role in Identity Fraud Scheme  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, June 8, 2023

Foreign National Pleads Guilty to Role in Identity Fraud Scheme

A foreign national pleaded guilty today for his role in a scheme to sell identity documents belonging to U.S. citizens to undocumented noncitizens and others residing within the United States without lawful authority.

According to court documents, Manuel Ruiz-Aguilera, 44, of Mexico, and his co-conspirators sold government-issued identity documents, including Government of Puerto Rico-issued birth certificates and corresponding U.S. social security cards, to undocumented noncitizens residing within the United States.

Ruiz-Aguilera sold the documents to undocumented noncitizens so they could assume the identities of U.S. citizens, and/or fraudulently apply for other identity documents in that person’s name in order to reside in the United States. Ruiz-Aguilera and his co-conspirators knew these documents pertained to real people.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/foreign-national-pleads-guilty-role-identity-fraud-scheme-409887/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson