Author Topic: Pursuit of the Green Dream Will Make Inequality a LOT Worse  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pursuit of the Green Dream Will Make Inequality a LOT Worse
March 26, 2023/ Jane Menton

There are different ways of looking at the issue of human inequality. The modern Left obsesses about inequality as measured in dollars of income.  But if one measures inequality based on quality-of-life, it quickly becomes clear that we have achieved great progress toward equality on the things that really count. Much of that progress is at risk of reversal from imposition of the green dream.

By the time I was born in the late twentieth century, comforts that had begun in the exclusive domain of the very wealthy had long since become widely available to most hard working people. I’m thinking of things like cars and personal travel, but also small scale conveniences like in-home washers, dryers and dishwashers. All of these things, of course, were brought to us by the widespread access and affordability of electricity and fossil fuels.

But even as the baseline human experience improved, the Left has continued to campaign on the moral abomination that is persistent “income inequality.” This is “inequality” as measured by dollars of income and ability to buy super luxuries.  The rich don’t just travel, they travel via yacht and private jet. And the cities where wealth accumulates, like New York and San Francisco, are, according to their own voters, the worst offenders. Former New York Mayor de Blasio campaigned, and won, on the theme of a “Tale of Two Cities,” the “inequality that increasingly divided New York along the fault lines of fabulous wealth and grinding poverty.”  Guilty New Yorkers fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-3-26-pursuit-of-the-green-dream-will-make-inequality-a-lot-worse
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pursuit of the Green Dream Will Make Inequality a LOT Worse
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:00:53 pm »
Inner Party -- .001%
Outer Party -- .1%
Apparatchiks -- 1%
Proles... "the rest".