Author Topic: Maddow: Carrying Trump’s Speech Live ‘Hurts our Ability’ ‘to Bring You the News’  (Read 354 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maddow: Carrying Trump’s Speech Live ‘Hurts our Ability’ ‘to Bring You the News’

Ian Hanchett 13 Jun 2023

On Tuesday, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow said that the network would not carry former President Donald Trump’s speech on his arraignment live because “It hurts our ability to do that if we live broadcast what we fully expect in advance to be a litany of lies and false accusations, no matter who says them.”

Maddow said, “We knew heading into this that he was planning to make these remarks. We are prepared for his pre-fundraiser remarks tonight to, again, be essentially a Trump campaign speech. Because of that, we do not intend to carry these remarks live. As we have said before in these circumstances, there is a cost to us as a news organization to knowingly broadcast untrue things. We are here to bring you the news. It hurts our ability to do that if we live broadcast what we fully expect in advance to be a litany of lies and false accusations, no matter who says them.”

She continued, “And I do not say this with any glee. I hope it is clear that this is not a glib decision. We take our responsibilities seriously. We revisit decisions like this all the time. We make the best call that we can in real-time, every time. But tonight, our call is this: We will monitor that speech by the newly-indicted former President. We will not carry his remarks live. If he says anything newsworthy, we promise we will turn that right around and bring it back to you.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/13/maddow-carrying-trumps-speech-live-hurts-our-ability-to-bring-you-the-news/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Poor little Madcow.  she thinks she matters.  After all she has the highest rated show on MSNBC. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Trump is good for ratings.  That's why MSNBC was covering the Trump Bronco Chase from El Doral to the Federal Courthouse.  They kept live coverage outside, hoping a riot would breakout; they were disappointed when one didn't.

If the major media outlets want to re-establish themselves as journalistic institutions of integrity, they need to shake their addiction to the spectacle that is Trump.

Media outlets have discretion over what they choose to put on the air.  Media outlets have the choice of how much free air time they are willing to devote to covering Trump.

Trump is a monster of the media's own creation, and the monster has become the media's master.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Poor little Madcow.  she thinks she matters.  After all she has the highest rated show on MSNBC.

She's the smartest kid on the short bus.
The Republic is lost.