Author Topic: PA woman’s ‘heinous’ messages to estranged boyfriend led to his suicide  (Read 482 times)

Offline Kamaji

Pennsylvania woman’s ‘heinous’ messages to estranged boyfriend led to his suicide: DA

By David Propper
June 13, 2023

A Pennsylvania woman pushed her estranged boyfriend to kill himself with a series of vicious texts and shameless video of her having sex with another man, prosecutors alleged Tuesday.

Mandie Reusch, 35, was charged in the twisted case that started two years ago when Kevin Metzger committed suicide after he received “heinous and graphic” messages from her, according to the Westmoreland County District Attorney’s Office.

Metzger penned a suicide letter and posted on Facebook about the steady stream of tormenting messages before he took his own life at the age of 37, District Attorney Nicole Ziccarelli said in a statement.

“Mr. Metzger may still be here today if those messages did not influence and encourage him to take his own life,” she said in a statement.

The former couple shared a child, according to reports.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/mandie-reusch-accused-of-driving-kevin-metzger-to-suicide/

Offline mountaineer

This one gives me pause. Is she really responsible for his actions?
Here's local coverage:
Police charge South Greensburg woman with goading estranged boyfriend into suicide
Jeff Himler | Tuesday, June 13, 2023 3:55 p.m.

A South Greensburg woman is charged with aiding suicide, stemming from the death of a former boyfriend whom she is accused of urging to take his own life in repeated harassing messages.

Police said the messages were graphic in content and were sent using a mobile app between May 5 and June 18, 2021, while the defendant, Mandie Rose Reusch, 35, was living in Irwin. She also is charged with harassment.

At the time, according to a complaint filed by state police, Reusch had an “on-and-off relationship” with the boyfriend, who listed her Irwin address as his home and was storing personal items there.

According to police, Reusch also sent the boyfriend messages and a video taunting him about her involvement with another man. The messages included threats that the boyfriend would “never ever see” again a child they shared, police said.

In one of the messages, according to court documents, Reusch expressed hope the boyfriend would kill himself and said their child “would be better off not even knowing you.”

Reusch said in another message to the boyfriend, according to police, “I hope you kill yourself. I’m getting (the child) a new dad this weekend.” ...

The boyfriend reported the messages and video on May 8, 2021, to Irwin police. An Irwin officer instructed Reusch to stop sending inappropriate messages to the boyfriend, but the messages continued, according to court documents.

Irwin police filed harassment charges against Reusch on June 3, 2021, but the charges ultimately were withdrawn after the boyfriend committed suicide about two weeks later, state police said. ...
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Any guy who off's himself over a women has much deeper mental issues. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I see "crazy" in those eyes...

Offline berdie

Suicide is not generally caused by an outside party. It is a rule a matter of self worth and escape.

This woman shouldn't have encouraged it but I'm not sure it is a prosecutable offence.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 10:04:44 pm by berdie »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I have a friend that shot himself over a woman. He shot himself in the head just over his ear with a .22. The bullet penetrated his skull and then just slid around the inside of his skull until it ran out of energy. He got over it. That Christmas I gave him a present of my old .38.

Offline mountaineer

Mr. M knew a kid in high school who went to home of a girl who had ended their relationship - and killed himself in front of everyone.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mr. M knew a kid in high school who went to home of a girl who had ended their relationship - and killed himself in front of everyone.

Well he went out with a bang.  Having said that.  I was coaching a Jr Tackle football team and we had a nice kid kill himself.  He was 12.  Don't know what he was dealing with.  He never let on he was troubled.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Suicide is not generally caused by an outside party. It is a rule a matter of self worth and escape.

This woman shouldn't have encouraged it but I'm not sure it is a prosecutable offence.
It may not be 'the cause' but it can darned sure be contributed to.

I noticed a grandson in a toxic relationship, and managed to bring him around to seeing just how toxic it was.
Before that he was very down, and every chance she got she brought him down more.

Turned out she and three other sicko chicks were trying to see if they could get him to off himself.  He was more resilient than that, and got to bring it back around by telling his friends just what bad news those girls were.
I was never so glad as when he broke that off, and I'm not one to meddle (except with obvious bad picks with granddaughters, whom I will at least give the opportunity to show some redeeming characteristic).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis