Author Topic: ‘Catastrophic Consequences’: Top US Grid Official Sounds The Alarm On Coal And Gas Power Plant Closu  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Catastrophic Consequences’: Top US Grid Official Sounds The Alarm On Coal And Gas Power Plant Closures

NICK POPE
CONTRIBUTOR
June 13, 2023
3:01 PM ET

Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Commissioner Mark Christie warned of the potential for “catastrophic consequences” for the reliability of the American power grid if the U.S. does not stop phasing out fossil fuel infrastructure before renewable infrastructure is capable of replacing its output.

Christie made the remarks as part of his testimony at a Tuesday hearing held by the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. “I think we’re heading for potentially very dire consequences, potentially catastrophic consequences in the United States in terms of the reliability of our grid, and I think that the basic reason is that we’re facing a shortfall of power supply,” Christie testified. (RELATED: Biden’s EPA Prepares To Clamp Down On Industry With New Soot Pollution Limits)

Watch:
FERC Commissioner Christie: Power grid is facing ‘dire consequences’ due to coal and gas retirementshttps://t.co/veNW91yq3s

— HARRY READ ME File (@HARRYREADMEFile) June 13, 2023

The stark warning from one of the federal government’s top energy regulators comes as the Biden administration continues to clamp down on fossil fuel production and infrastructure. Biden personally pledged a “guarantee” that his administration would “end fossil fuel” as a candidate for the presidency in 2019.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/13/catastrophic-consequences-ferc-power-grid-biden-green-regulation-reliability-alarm-coa-gas-power-plant-closures/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson