Author Topic: New Midwest battles brew over CO2 pipelines  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Midwest battles brew over CO2 pipelines
« on: June 14, 2023, 10:02:05 am »

ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT
New Midwest battles brew over CO2 pipelines
Plans to transport carbon dioxide from ethanol stir environmental, property rights concerns.
BY: TOM PETERSON - JUNE 13, 2023 5:00 AM

Railcars in Minnesota.
 Granite Falls Energy in Minnesota produces 63 million gallons of ethanol using more than 20 million bushels of corn. Proposed pipelines to move carbon dioxide, a byproduct of ethanol production, that would crisscross the Upper Midwest have sparked controversy. Tom Peterson/Stateline

GRANITE FALLS, Minn. — The Minnesota River cuts through this quiet prairie town, powering a small hydroelectric plant in a 19th century dam. A winding downtown riverwalk flanks the west side of the river while a park stretches across the far bank. The dam’s frothy tailrace holds the promise of fish that attract families and pelicans.

The old-school hydro provides a tranquil scene in this town of about 2,700 residents. The town’s real energy powerhouse, however, stands on the outskirts, where the towering Granite Falls Energy plant produces 63 million gallons of ethanol annually.

Ethanol production has become a vital piece of state economies across the Midwest. Forty-five percent of U.S. corn production now is destined for the scores of ethanol plants that rise from the farm fields.

The industry is at a crossroads.

https://stateline.org/2023/06/13/new-midwest-battles-brew-over-co2-pipelines/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: New Midwest battles brew over CO2 pipelines
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:10:32 pm »
CO2 "pipelines":
A scam, a money-making hoax. The eco equivalent of a pyramid scheme...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: New Midwest battles brew over CO2 pipelines
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 10:29:07 pm »
CO2 "pipelines":
A scam, a money-making hoax. The eco equivalent of a pyramid scheme...
The problem is that a major leak would cause a cloud of ground hugging (1.5X heavier than air) lethal gas (because it displaces oxygen). Vehicles can't even run in that, and unlike Natural Gas, it can't be ignited at the source to reduce the hazard.

All to stuff dollars in the pockets of those catering to the AGW enviropanic.

That panic has failed to hit its marks for supposed increased temperatures, repeatedly.

IOW, it may be warming, but CO2 isn't the reason.

This model does something the AGW models have failed to do:

https://www.universetoday.com/161458/new-climate-model-accurately-predicts-millions-of-years-of-ice-ages/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis