Author Topic: Judge allows E. Jean Carroll to amend her defamation lawsuit to seek more damages against Trump  (Read 254 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Judge allows E. Jean Carroll to amend her defamation lawsuit to seek more damages against Trump

By Kara Scannell, CNN
Updated 4:40 PM EDT, Tue June 13, 2023

CNN  —

A federal judge will allow E. Jean Carroll to amend her original defamation lawsuit against former President Donald Trump to include comments he made at a CNN town hall.

Carroll, a former magazine columnist, asked the judge for permission to amend the initial November 2019 lawsuit so she could try to seek additional punitive damages after Trump repeated statements a federal jury found to be defamatory. Last month, a jury found in favor of Carroll in her second civil lawsuit, which went to trial. The jury found that Trump sexually abused Carroll and defamed her by denying the attack, saying she wasn’t his type and calling her allegations a hoax.

One day later Trump appeared at the CNN Republican presidential town hall and said, “I have no idea who this woman – this is a fake story, made up story.” He called Carroll a “whack job” and went on a tangent about her ex-husband and pet cat.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/13/politics/e-jean-carroll-damages-trump-cnn-town-hall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Uh, not sure if this is kosher.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This sounds hinky. There should be a motion for a new trial. Or a completely separate filing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley