Author Topic: Vance pledges hold all Biden DOJ nominees in response to Trump charges  (Read 131 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sen. J.D. Vance on Tuesday pledged to place a hold all on Biden Department of Justice nominations in response to the federal indictment of former President Donald Trump, which he described as an act of political harassment.

Vance made the announcement in response to the unsealing of the federal indictment, which accused Trump of mishandling classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

“Donald Trump is merely the latest victim of a Department of Justice that cares more about politics than law enforcement. Merrick Garland’s department harasses Christians for pro-life advocacy, but allows hardened criminals to walk our streets unpunished. This must stop, and I will do everything in my ability to ensure it does,” Vance said in a statement.

“Starting today, I will hold all Department of Justice nominations. If Merrick Garland wants to use these officials to harass Joe Biden’s political opponents, we will grind his department to a halt.”

Vance spoke as Trump pleaded not guilty to the 37 federal charges in a Miami federal courthouse. Trump and his allies have dismissed the charges as politically motivated.

Vance's move would mean that nominees can no longer be cleared quickly by unanimous consent, and would require a floor vote in the chamber, where Democrats have a slim majority. Vance's office clarified that the hold would not apply to those nominated to the U.S. Marshal's Service.

Posted by Adam Shaw
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/trump-to-appear-in-miami-federal-court-after-being-indicted-in-mar-a-lago-classified-records-probe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34