Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: The DeSantis Plan To Wage War on ‘Weaponized’ DOJ  (Read 1113 times)

Online corbe

EXCLUSIVE: The DeSantis Plan To Wage War on ‘Weaponized’ DOJ

By Philip Wegmann - RCP StaffJune 13, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has been working for months on plans to tear down and rebuild both the Department of Justice and the FBI, consulting with experts and members of Congress to develop a “Day One” strategy to end what conservatives see as the weaponization of the justice system.

The governor has privately told advisors that he will hire and fire plenty of federal personnel, reorganize entire agencies, and execute a “disciplined” and “relentless” strategy to restore the Justice Department to a mission more in line with what the “Founding Fathers envisioned.”

But his ambitions go beyond bureaucratic restructuring. He wants to physically remove large swathes of the DOJ from the District of Columbia, including FBI headquarters, RealClearPolitics is first to report.

“We’re not going to let all this power accumulate in Washington, we’re going to break up these agencies,” DeSantis said during a private strategy session over the weekend, excerpts of which were obtained exclusively by RCP. He vowed in that call to order “some of the problematic components of the DOJ” be uprooted, reorganized, and then promptly “shipped to other parts of the country.”

This fits with one of the central themes of the DeSantis campaign, namely that he’d be “an energetic executive,” a president with the focus and attention to detail necessary to make the most of his Article II powers. On the stump, the governor regularly wins applause from primary voters for promising not just to wage war on the so-called deep state, but to end it.

<..snip..>

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/06/13/exclusive_the_desantis_plan_to_wage_war_on_weaponized_doj.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

Re: EXCLUSIVE: The DeSantis Plan To Wage War on ‘Weaponized’ DOJ
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 05:04:04 pm »
And Trump's plan ...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 05:06:30 pm »
Oh goody.  Another bomb thrower.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 05:13:09 pm »

Those "bombs" need thrown. A very corrupt DOJ is the end of the Republic.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 05:21:54 pm »

No... He means it. And his record backs it up.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 05:22:08 pm »
Ooh, a purge?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 05:31:40 pm »
Name names, Ron.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 05:51:06 pm »

Hardly.  He's spelling out a very aggressive strategy to use the authority of the executive - the president - to remove the weaponized components of the federal agencies.

In other words, he's developing a plan, a thought-out plan, something that Donald Trump could never do.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 09:13:38 pm »
From the related article at redstate.com:

Reports suggest that DeSantis has been working on his plan for months, collaborating with members of Congress such as Representatives Thomas Massie and Chip Roy, as well as organizations like the Heritage Foundation and the Hoover Institution. His approach to dismantling what he called the “deep state” involves acting swiftly through the executive branch, in lieu of congressional approval. Unlike some federal positions, such as FBI director or Attorney General, DeSantis does not believe certain federal employees are immune from having their employment terminated by the president.

That's how one gets sh*t done.  Building coalitions, getting buy-in from various interested parties, and putting together a long-term strategy.

In other words, the polar opposite of Trump's (failed) style of leadership.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 03:36:01 pm »

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1668653248130031621

The most remarkable aspect of this plan is that it leans heavily on executive power. “Move fast. Don’t wait on Congress.”

Bomb thrower.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 12:40:52 pm »

I think every politician in the last couple decades runs on they’re going to be the one to clean up Washington

Back in 2006 midterm, Nancy Pelosi, and the Democrats, ran on  “drain the swamp” platform. The “swamp” never really gets drained.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 10:35:59 pm »
ICYMI:

"President Trump's plan to DISMANTLE the deep state, FIRE the rogue bureaucrats & career politicians, and return power to the AMERICAN PEOPLE." (Video)

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1668995162243051523

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 10:48:38 pm »
ICYMI:

"President Trump's plan to DISMANTLE the deep state, FIRE the rogue bureaucrats & career politicians, and return power to the AMERICAN PEOPLE." (Video)

Bumper sticker... And proven across four years to be untrue. What makes this four years any different?

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 10:51:12 pm »
Hardly.  He's spelling out a very aggressive strategy to use the authority of the executive - the president - to remove the weaponized components of the federal agencies.

In other words, he's developing a plan, a thought-out plan, something that Donald Trump could never do.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2023, 12:11:26 am »
Bumper sticker... And proven across four years to be untrue. What makes this four years any different?

“But, but, but, but he really, really, really, really means it this time”

« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 12:12:34 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2023, 12:17:26 am »
“But, but, but, but he really, really, really, really means it this time”

IF indeed Trump is able to run and not behind bars I hope and pray that he is NOT the GOP nominee.  He failed to utilize a full majority and ultimately he failed to calm the riots after the Floyd incident.  We are now experiencing the consequences.  No, we don't need another 4 years of Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2023, 12:23:00 am »
IF indeed Trump is able to run and not behind bars I hope and pray that he is NOT the GOP nominee.  He failed to utilize a full majority and ultimately he failed to calm the riots after the Floyd incident.  We are now experiencing the consequences.  No, we don't need another 4 years of Trump.

He’ll be the nominee. Left wing groups will see to that

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2023, 12:23:55 am »

Yup.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2023, 12:31:12 am »

That's right.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2023, 12:39:41 am »
Gee people. That's three solid votes that DeSantis should drop out. @roamer_1  @Kamaji  @LMAO

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2023, 12:42:26 am »
Gee people. That's three solid votes that DeSantis should drop out. @roamer_1  @Kamaji  @LMAO

I’ll be voting for RDS in the primary

For president? We’ll see.  I couldn’t tell you if RDS is the guy to get us out of our mess or not. I only can go by his record as a budget cutter while in Congress

But Trump needs to go. Three election losses under him are enough to convince me that, as long as he’s in the GOP picture, Democrats win

I wish him happiness and a good life. But we need to start winning elections. And we can’t do it as long as he’s in the picture.

And if we hope to have any slightest chance of making changes, it starts with winning elections
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 12:55:12 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2023, 12:43:01 am »

Why @bigheadfred ? So the left can have their way?

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2023, 01:41:56 am »
   I won't vote unless it's DeSantis but whoever gets the gop nod will win Texas's 38 EV.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2023, 01:44:06 am »

No.  Trump should do the right thing, spare the country the agony, and drop out.