Author Topic: Paul Ryan: Trump Is ‘Not Electable’ After Classified Document Indictment  (Read 301 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan: Trump Is ‘Not Electable’ After Classified Document Indictment

Pam Key 13 Jun 2023

Former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) said Tuesday on “CBS Mornings” that he believed the indictment of former President Donald Trump on federal charges would make him unelectable in 2024.

Co-host Gayle King asked, “He’s getting support from a lot of fellow Republicans. Are you one of those going Trump is my guy?”

Ryan said, “No, I’ve been a never Trumper for some time. We’re not going to win if we nominate Trump, we’re going to lose. He hasn’t won since 2016. We lost the House in 2018. We lost the presidency in ’20. We lost the Senate. We would have won the Senate this time in ’22 had it not been for Trump and some of his nominees in key elections. My guess is we probably would have picked up 10, 15 seats in the House were it not for his involvement.”

King asked, “Marco Rubio was here yesterday. He said something very interesting. Even if Trump did something wrong, you have to weigh that against the harm indicting him could already cause a divided country. What do you think about that?”

Ryan said, “I think this one’s different. I think you could make that case for the New York prosecutor. ”

He continued, “This one is national security. This one is diffrent. I used to have these same documents myself as Speaker of the House. This goes beyond some petty thing.”

Ryan added, “I think the electability becomes more salient with this indictment and in the future. With all the exhaustion and Trump baggage is going to make it easier now to make the argument to his core supporters he’s not electable. He’s going to cost us the Senate again, cost us the House seats and the White House.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/13/paul-ryan-trump-is-not-electable-after-classified-document-indictment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan on Anti-Woke Legislation: ‘I’m Not a Culture War Guy,’ It’s Polarizing

Former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) said Tuesday on “CBS Mornings” that he believed Republican lawmakers passing “anti-woke” legislation was too polarizing.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/13/paul-ryan-on-anti-woke-legislation-im-not-a-culture-war-guy-its-polarizing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Eddie Munster is soooooooo wrong.  Trump is all too electable; he's the Teflon Donald.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Paul Ryan is an evil slithering snake.  Why should anyone listen to him??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

He's probably correct.  Trump will win the GOP nomination, and lose the general election.  There will be another wild spate of "it wuz stolen" and, in the meantime, we will lose the House and the Dems will control the Senate sufficiently to do what they want.

Offline libertybele

He's probably correct.  Trump will win the GOP nomination, and lose the general election.  There will be another wild spate of "it wuz stolen" and, in the meantime, we will lose the House and the Dems will control the Senate sufficiently to do what they want.

On a positive note, it's too early to proclaim the GOP nominee -- Trump is facing multiple court challenges.  It is early in the game and I think we may see someone else victorious.

Voting down ballot is very important and I think that the GOP will expand their presence in the House and maybe gain a seat in the Senate.

Much is going to depend on who the DEMS wind up running.  I highly doubt Brandon and Chuckles.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Paul Ryan is an evil slithering snake.  Why should anyone listen to him??

:yowsa:  pointing-up Thank you! You saved me a bit of typing @libertybele
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

On a positive note, it's too early to proclaim the GOP nominee -- Trump is facing multiple court challenges.  It is early in the game and I think we may see someone else victorious.

Voting down ballot is very important and I think that the GOP will expand their presence in the House and maybe gain a seat in the Senate.

Much is going to depend on who the DEMS wind up running.  I highly doubt Brandon and Chuckles.

I'm afraid that I cannot be as optimistic as you are.