Author Topic: ICE Presser on Brazilian Murderer Shows How Vulnerable Biden’s Release Policies Have Left Americans  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ICE Presser on Brazilian Murderer Shows How Vulnerable Biden’s Release Policies Have Left Americans
'DHS has no way to determine if an alien has a criminal history in his home country'

By Andrew R. Arthur on June 13, 2023]

On May 23, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) officers arrested an alien Brazilian fugitive convicted of murder in his home country — a crime likely tied to his membership in that country’s “largest criminal gang operation”. That’s the good news. The bad news is this arrest confirms one of the most disturbing findings of federal district court Judge T. Kent Wetherell II in his March 8 order in Florida v. U.S. — CBP officers and agents at the border usually have “no way to determine if an alien has a criminal history in his home country” before releasing such alien. This case underscores how vulnerable the administration’s migrant release policies have left Americans.

“ERO Boston Arrests Fugitive Gang Member Convicted of Murder in Brazil”. On May 30, the ICE press shop issued a news release captioned “ERO Boston arrests fugitive gang member convicted of murder in Brazil” — a headline that neatly summarizes the case.

Just to fill in a couple of blanks, however, ICE ERO arrested that Brazilian national in Somerset, Mass., on May 23, an “enforcement decision” they made “on a case-by-case basis in a professional and responsible manner, informed by their experience as law enforcement officials and in a way that best protects against the greatest threats to the homeland and the integrity of U.S. immigration laws”.

Seriously — the ICE ERO press shop wrote that. I feel like I am being trolled.

The “fugitive gang member” in question is — curiously — unidentified in that press release, and his face is blurred in the accompanying photograph, apparently out of concerns that DHS doesn’t want to unfairly tarnish the reputations of alien gang-member murderers. That’s likely thanks to the “professional and responsible manner” the Biden administration mandates ICE go about its alien murderer arrest business.

https://cis.org/Arthur/ICE-Presser-Brazilian-Murderer-Shows-How-Vulnerable-Bidens-Release-Policies-Have-Left
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson