Author Topic: Marco Rubio: U.S. Immigration Policy Is Driven by Wall Street  (Read 124 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marco Rubio: U.S. Immigration Policy Is Driven by Wall Street

by NEIL MUNRO 12 Jun 2023

The federal government’s migration policy is driven by business and economics, not by claims about “citizens of the world,” says Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

“This country has prioritized the importation of cheap labor,” including legal cheap labor, he said in his book, titled, “Decades of Decadence: How Our Spoiled Elites Blew America’s Inheritance of Liberty, Security, and Prosperity.”

Rubio continued:

Across this country today, the immigration system has been corrupted and exploited. And it began, as many of America’s problems do, with the fundamental shift toward a globalized economy.

But not every business could be exported, which meant Wall Street simply figured out how to import cheap labor, much of it [clarification, not all] coming from illegal immigrants. This was a slower, more subtle process. Sure, some politicians made a big deal about “jobs Americans wouldn’t do,” but otherwise the only outcry came from workers who found their wages stalled, benefits cut, and hours slashed until they could be replaced by someone willing to work more hours for less.

More often than not, it is about jobs Wall Street doesn’t want Americans to do because hiring Americans would require higher wages and better working conditions. To them, it is better to import cheap labor and buy off Americans with cash welfare programs provided by the government.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/marco-rubio-u-s-immigration-policy-driven-wall-street-409868/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson