Author Topic: 11K Cuban, Haitian Migrants Apprehended at Sea by Coast Guard this Year  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
11K Cuban, Haitian Migrants Apprehended at Sea by Coast Guard this Year

BOB PRICE12 Jun 202312

U.S. Coast Guard crews in the southeast district apprehended more than 11,000 Cuban and Haitian migrants since the beginning of Fiscal Year 23. The vast majority of the migrants apprehended at sea are repatriated to their home nation.

A recent report from U.S. Coast Guard District 7 (Southeast) revealed the Coast Guard crews apprehended 11,218 Cuban and Haitian migrants at sea so far this fiscal year (which began on October 1, 2022). Most of the apprehensions took place off the coast of Florida or in the Caribbean Sea.

Of the more than 11,000 migrant apprehensions at sea, Coast Guard officials report 6,701 to be Cuban nationals. The remaining 4,512 migrants are reported to be Haitian nationals.

“Once aboard a Coast Guard cutter, all migrants receive food, water, shelter, and basic medical attention,” Coast Guard District 7 officials said in a written statement.

Last week, Coast Guard crews operating under a Homeland Security Task Force apprehended 25 migrants apprehended and repatriated 25 Cuban migrants at sea, officials tweeted.
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/06/12/11k-cuban-haitian-migrants-apprehended-at-sea-by-coast-guard-this-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson