Author Topic: George Soros: AI is a Bigger Problem than Climate Change  (Read 232 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
George Soros: AI is a Bigger Problem than Climate Change
« on: June 13, 2023, 10:37:00 am »
George Soros: AI is a Bigger Problem than Climate Change
17 hours ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

Soros leading the pivot from the fake climate crisis to the fake AI crisis.

AI is at the root of the world’s ‘polycrisis’

Climate change and the war on Ukraine are also threatening democracy, according to billionaire and philanthropist George Soros.

We are living in troubled times. Too much is happening too fast. People are confused. Columbia University economic historian Adam Tooze has, indeed, popularised a word for it. He calls it a “polycrisis”.

The polycrisis has many sources. In my opinion the main source of the polycrisis afflicting the world today is artificial intelligence. Climate change comes second, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine qualifies as the third. The list is much longer but I’ll focus on these three. That should help reduce the confusion.

Artificial Intelligence

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/12/george-soros-ai-is-a-bigger-problem-than-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: George Soros: AI is a Bigger Problem than Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 10:41:49 am »
This is, to me, a shocking development. I thought climate crisis was the biggest thing ever to these people?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 12:27:32 pm »
This is, to me, a shocking development. I thought climate crisis was the biggest thing ever to these people?
The fake climate crisis certainly has made it easy for them to impose draconian restrictions on business and on citizens' private lives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 12:33:40 pm »
Well, since climate change is just a natural thing that should be happening, almost by definition AI is a bigger problem than something that is supposed to be happening.