Author Topic: This Enormous 8th Century Temple in India Was Carved from One Rock  (Read 215 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

This Enormous 8th Century Temple in India Was Carved from One Rock

Jessica Stewart

excerpt:

Though this is a legend and not fact, the truth is that Kailasa was built from the top. This unusual decision called for 200,000 tons of volcanic rock to be excavated from the rock. Standing at about three stories tall, a horseshoe-shaped courtyard has a gopuram—tower—at its entrance. Given the vast space and the ornate decorations of the temple, it's believed that the work may have started with Krishna I, but could have carried on for centuries, with different rulers adding their own flair.

https://mymodernmet.com/kailasa-temple-ellora-caves/
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: This Enormous 8th Century Temple in India Was Carved from One Rock
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 11:44:07 pm »
Seems to be a similar technology to making crop circles...where the ball of light acts as a digitally controlled cursor.

Therefore, it may have taken only hours.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 11:50:09 pm »
I think it is far older than what is suggested.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 01:08:30 am »
That's a really cool temple.