Author Topic: Kirby says he was as truthful as possible about Chinese spy station in Cuba  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Monday, June 12, 2023

A top White House official accused of misleading the public on China’s plans to build a spy station in Cuba said Monday that he was constrained by the sensitive nature of a media report on the potential national-security threat to the U.S.

“We were as forthcoming as we should have been,” National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters at the White House.

The Wall Street Journal reported last Thursday that China and Cuba had reached a secret agreement for Beijing to build an electronic eavesdropping facility on the island, allowing Chinese intelligence services to “scoop up electronic communications throughout the southeastern U.S., where many military bases are located, and monitor U.S. ship traffic.”

Mr. Kirby last week called the report “not accurate.”

But on Saturday, an anonymous administration official confirmed that China had upgraded its intelligence facilities in Cuba, saying it occurred in 2019 during the Trump administration.

The official said China’s efforts were well-documented in U.S. intelligence reports that were available to the previous administration.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/12/john-kirby-says-he-was-truthful-possible-about-chi/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You lied Kirby, now no one will believe a word you say...at least I won't!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Defends Its Deceptive Denial of Chinese Spy Base in Cuba: ‘Absolutely Not’ Beneficial for Public to Know

John Kirby railed against “shameful” leaks indicating that China is working on building, or may already have, a spy base in Cuba.

https://www.breitbart.com/latin-america/2023/06/13/white-house-defends-its-deceptive-denial-of-chinese-spy-base-in-cuba-absolutely-not-beneficial-for-public-to-know/
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
‘Absolutely Not’ Beneficial for Public to Know

Yeah! Because the public would have thrown a conniption fit had they known!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Yeah! Because the public would have thrown a conniption fit had they known!

Exactly.

Offline LMAO

You lied Kirby, now no one will believe a word you say...at least I won't!

Neither will most Americans
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy