Author Topic: Trump defense needs to 'run the table' or he could spend rest of his life in prison, says Jonathan T  (Read 551 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 12, 2023 2:00pm EDT
Trump defense needs to 'run the table' or he could spend rest of his life in prison, says Jonathan Turley
Trump facing federal charges carrying lengthy prison sentences
Fox News Staff
By Fox News Staff | Fox News

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-defense-needs-run-table-spend-rest-life-prison-jonathan-turley
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Trump defense needs to 'run the table' or he could spend rest of his life in prison, says Jonathan Turley

Fox News contributor Jonathan Turley presented a dire legal situation for former President Donald Trump, who was hit with a 37-count federal indictment, including charges of willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice and making false statements. The constitutional scholar told "Fox News Sunday" anchor Shannon Bream that the government only has to "stick the landing on one count" and Trump, who turns 77 this week, could face spending the rest of his life in prison.

Turley, who called the charges "extremely damning" when the indictment was unsealed on Friday, echoed the sentiments of Trump's former Attorney General Bill Barr.

"If even half of [the indictment] is true then he's toast. It's a very detailed indictment, and it's very, very damning," Barr said, appearing with Bream.

Trump has claimed he will continue running for president in 2024 even if he is convicted.

"This idea of presenting Trump as a victim here--the victim of a witch hunt--is ridiculous. Yes, he's been a victim in the past. Yes his adversaries have obsessively pursued him with phony claims, and I've been at his side defending him when he is a victim, but this is much different. He's not a victim here," Barr added. "He was totally wrong that he had the right to have those documents. Those documents are among the most sensitive secrets the country has."

The indictment accuses Trump of failing to comply with demands to return classified documents — including plans for a retaliatory attack on an unnamed foreign power — he had gathered in Mar-a-Lago. Other documents include defense and weapon capabilities of the U.S. and details of the U.S. nuclear program.............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-defense-needs-run-table-spend-rest-life-prison-jonathan-turley
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Sending him to prison would be a logistical problem, given his security detail.  I just don't see that sentence being handed down to a president unless he actually shoots someone on fifth avenue.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Those documents are among the most sensitive secrets the country has."

How the he'll does Barr know that?  As far as I know, no one has seen the documents.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

How the he'll does Barr know that?  As far as I know, no one has seen the documents.

Does it matter???  Think about it.  Barr was never a positive for Trump.  He's been indicted twice.  Wrong, right or indifferent, the leftists (including Barr) are out to put him behind bars.  That's the bottom line. They don't want him running again.

Yes, it is absolutely wrong. But Trump's pick of people in his past are coming back to haunt him; Sessions, Mueller, Rosenstein, McDaniels, Giuliani, Barr .... and the list goes on and on.  I must also bring attention to Kushner, I still think he leaked information and was a party to Trump's headaches.  Notice how it is being reported that Ivanka is distancing herself from all of this.  Yet they both were in the WH.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

He was a mediocre Businessman at best, filling Bankruptcy on 25% of the Companies he started (6 out of 24).
   He was a lousy Politician, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

Sending him to prison would be a logistical problem, given his security detail.  I just don't see that sentence being handed down to a president unless he actually shoots someone on fifth avenue.

I don't believe he'll spend one minute in prison, either.  But he isn't getting off scott free on this, either
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy