Author Topic: Offshore wind encounters turbulence over NJ  (Read 158 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Offshore wind encounters turbulence over NJ
« on: June 12, 2023, 09:58:22 am »
filed:  June 11, 2023 • New Jersey
Offshore wind encounters turbulence over NJ 
Credit:  Tom Johnson, Energy/Environment Writer | June 8, 2023 | njspotlightnews.org ~~

The offshore wind industry’s troubles continue to pile up – not only in New Jersey but in neighboring states along the Eastern Seaboard.

On Wednesday, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities President Joseph Fiordaliso, perhaps one of the sector’s biggest advocates, let loose with an uncharacteristic rant at a developer in the emerging industry. Although he did not name the company, it was seen as a reference to Ørsted, which owns and is developing New Jersey’s initial offshore wind project.

Fiordaliso expressed frustration over repeated delays in moving forward with the project. “Your delays are intolerable,’’ he said. As was his custom, he had an offshore wind logo pinned on his suit.

“We cannot afford any more delays,’’ Fiordaliso said, adding there are no delays in the pace of climate change. “Some of the things that are being delayed are indefensible.’’

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/06/11/offshore-wind-encounters-turbulence-over-nj/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson