Author Topic: “This is the Final Battle. With You at My Side…” – Donald Trump Declares  (Read 16236 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Absolutely 100 percent incorrect. Prove me wrong by telling me the last time your brand of conservatism won an actual election.

@sneakypete

The last time? The TEA Party, if you are talking major national movements. If you mean the states, I could give you several... To include DeSantis, who is wildly successful.

A meaningless phrase now that people like you who "want it all or want none of it" keep remaining at home sucking your thumbs because the "True Conservative candidate of your dreams" got his ass handed to him in the Primaries.

No, it is not a meaningless phrase. It's the actual fact. The only movements that have actually moved the ball have been Conservative. None else.

As to staying home as you put it, why should I help you go the wrong way? Why should I assist what I don't believe in... What is often the opposite of what I believe in?

Winning is EVERYTHING because ONLY  the winners get to set policy,and this will never happen with people like you because you are "ALL or nothing!" That made sense back when people like Reagan and Goldwater were running and had support,but not these days.

Winning is not winning. You just proved that. Winning is change that lasts... written in law. If you win the election and get nothing done, that is not a success. If you win the election and grow government and spend through the roof, and extend debt, that is nothing near winning. That's the wrong damn way.

Half of a pie is better than no pie at all because you can both enjoy it,and it gives you SOME reason to remain optimistic about the future and something to work for. Especially if your victories are used wisely to influence more voters to come to your cause.

No it is not. Half a pie, and next time a quarter of a pie, and the time after that an eighth of a pie... And you are so far away from what works that it doesn't even matter anymore. That is exactly why the Republicans can't get anything done. They've 'Half-a-pie'd so much now that all there is is RINOs and liberals.

Demand excellence.

It is also your problem and my problem because if you "proper Republicans" insist on electing another weasel because he is polite and a popular Party Person,things are ONLY going to get worse.

First of all, I am not a Republican.

Second of all, the last party person I voted for as president was Boosh. I will NOT vote for a NEOCON or Liberal Republicans ever again. Those are your 'party people'.

I will also never vote for a populist. Ever. There is no philosophical grounding, and they are always a flash in the pan. Always.

All y'all have been taught to suck it up and vote the party line, whether you believe it or not, because Democrats. Democrats are not the problem. The fact that they have no opposition is the problem. Hence voting for NEOCON or liberal Republicans will indeed make it worse.

That is not Conservatism, which is the root of the Right.

I WILL vote for Goldwater/Reagan wing Conservatives in the Republican party. And nothing else.

Which is why I am supporting Trump. He is a bomb-thrower and I honestly believe he has learned some lessons from his earlier term in office. I also LOVE the fact that he can ONLY serve one term and knows it,so he can hit the ground running without having to worry about getting re-elected.

What you love and believe have nothing to do with it. Sorry. That's faith. There is nothing on the ground to prove any of that... That he learned... That's unfounded. He is still running his mouth and tearing down the very people he will need to lead. That is doom... That not having to worry about re-election will be beneficial - He may turn hard LEFT because he does not have to worry about YOU anymore. Historically, that's what second termers do.

But you just go ahead and keep voting for and supporting your Miss Manners politicians,and hoping that THIS TIME it is going to work out for you.

I WILL continue to vote for Goldwater/Reagan Conservatives. That's where the real battle lies.
I will continue to preach Conservative orthodoxy, because that is the only thing that will work.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 01:11:52 am by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
 :laugh:   Trump; "The Final Battle".  This will be the fight of the MAGA Enterprise.......
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

The last time? The TEA Party, if you are talking major national movements. If you mean the states, I could give you several... To include DeSantis, who is wildly successful.

No, it is not a meaningless phrase. It's the actual fact. The only movements that have actually moved the ball have been Conservative. None else.

As to staying home as you put it, why should I help you go the wrong way? Why should I assist what I don't believe in... What is often the opposite of what I believe in?

Winning is not winning. You just proved that. Winning is change that lasts... written in law. If you win the election and get nothing done, that is not a success. If you win the election and grow government and spend through the roof, and extend debt, that is nothing near winning. That's the wrong damn way.

No it is not. Half a pie, and next time a quarter of a pie, and the time after that an eighth of a pie... And you are so far away from what works that it doesn't even matter anymore. That is exactly why the Republicans can't get anything done. They've 'Half-a-pie'd so much now that all there is is RINOs and liberals.

Demand excellence.

First of all, I am not a Republican.

@roamer_1

You are sooo full of Biden. You just go ahead and keep demanding  YOUR version of political perfection be the official law of the land,and have such little effect you  would have been better off staying  at home and not voting,and see where it gets you.

CHANGE does NOT take place all over at once,like an exploding bomb. It happens step by step,just like we lost it step by step.

But don't let reality intrude on your fantasy life.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

You are sooo full of Biden. You just go ahead and keep demanding  YOUR version of political perfection be the official law of the land,and have such little effect you  would have been better off staying  at home and not voting,and see where it gets you.

@sneakypete

Suits me fine. That's how I roll anyway. The truth will out anyway. I am just trying to spare the pain... Because the collapse of republics is particularly nasty. You can go that way... I can't stop you.  Just don't say you weren't warned.

And it isn't MY version. It is the historical definition of political Conservatism since Goldwater and Reagan. All y'all like to fudge the definition... Kinda like Democrats... Change what it means to suit you.

There ARE differences in philosophical Conservatism. But not many. Folks would think me more or less a Burkean, though there are other recognized kinds within the name... Not many. Most are Kirk or Burke, or ancient.

And there are differences in political Conservatism... Goldwater and Reagan cover the game, with little in the fringe. One or the other, or a factional Conservative.

And 'my version' is not far from everyone's... I can recognize them, and they recognize me.

So your cute little 'your version' don't play. Conservatives know I am right on the marks.

CHANGE does NOT take place all over at once,like an exploding bomb. It happens step by step,just like we lost it step by step.

It don't happen AT ALL if you are going the wrong way.

But don't let reality intrude on your fantasy life.

No fantasy here. Just the facts, with history to back me up.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@sneakypete

Winning is change that lasts... written in law.

Using your definition, what did Reagan win?

I WILL vote for Goldwater/Reagan wing Conservatives in the Republican party. And nothing else.

Who are they?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: SneakyPete
But you just go ahead and keep voting for and supporting your Miss Manners politicians,and hoping that THIS TIME it is going to work out for you.

Well we all see how following your advice really helped things. /End Sarcasm
Trump has set back the conservative party 20 years and he just keeps digging.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

Too bad we didn't have a President willing to do the hard work to fix it instead of sitting back thinking that large rally turnouts is what wins elections.

Hell, even waking up late in the game and doing something about Georgia in Nov and Dec 2020 would have saved us two Senate seats.  But no, Trump couldn't even handle that.  It was always about populism, never about fixing the government.

:thumbsup:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
:laugh:   Trump; "The Final Battle".  This will be the fight of the MAGA Enterprise.......

With Trump as Commodore Decker at the helm in the "Doomsday Machine"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

Nope. Not going there with you yet again, again.
You don't care a whit about Reagan's legacy. You just want to knock him down so he is made smaller than your boy, which is always a ridiculous attempt, chock-full of liberal talking points, easily defended, but I am not going to have that four page argument with you yet again.
Read a book.

Who are they?

Start with an ACU rating above 90... That will start you a good list.

Offline Kamaji

Nope. Not going there with you yet again, again.
You don't care a whit about Reagan's legacy. You just want to knock him down so he is made smaller than your boy, which is always a ridiculous attempt, chock-full of liberal talking points, easily defended, but I am not going to have that four page argument with you yet again.
Read a book.

Start with an ACU rating above 90... That will start you a good list.

:thumbsup:

Offline corbe

My Recommendation, stop readin Trump Social and pick up a Good Book.

H/T @Bigun or @roamer_1

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
With Trump as Commodore Decker at the helm in the "Doomsday Machine"

Good episode.

You don't care a whit about Reagan's legacy.

It is past time to assess Reagan's actual successes and failures, the facts from fiction.  Until then, the Cult of Reagan's blind demand for a complete replica of the 40th POTUS will continue to be the greatest obstacle to advancing effective conservatism in the 21st Century.  So, trust me, you are wrong ----  I care very much about Reagan's legacy.

Offline corbe

I trust you @Right_in_Virginia despite the overwhelming evidence of you Trumpers trashing Reagan, Cruz and DeSantis, true Conservatives.    /s

I trust you @Right_in_Virginia despite the overwhelming evidence of you Trumpers trashing Reagan, Cruz and DeSantis, true Conservatives.    /s

You are aware that RDS credits George H.W. Bush with having the greatest influence on his politics, are you not @corbe ?

Online roamer_1

It is past time to assess Reagan's actual successes and failures, the facts from fiction.  Until then, the Cult of Reagan's blind demand for a complete replica of the 40th POTUS will continue to be the greatest obstacle to advancing effective conservatism in the 21st Century.  So, trust me, you are wrong ----  I care very much about Reagan's legacy.

Yeah... I've seen your bullshit claims before. And beat em. Time and again. Just won't do it anymore.

You think your shtick is special and researched, when really, all you did was go look for ways to tear him down... Mostly from liberals and NEOCONS...

But what you don't understand is that we've been fighting these tired old arguments ever since his left foot crossed the White House threshold for the last time. That Tumpsters come up with em is nothing new. SOSDD.

Same old claims to the Conservative Mantle. Same old cherry picking the parts you want to keep and the parts you want to do away with. Just like the NEOCONs have tried for forty years. If anything, your populism will turn into the new generation of NEOCON, not the 'new' Conservatism.

The part you don't understand is that it cannot change... because it is based in principle. TRUE things. And the truth never changes and it never fails. And that in itself has little to do with what you try to do to Reagan.

Yeah... I've seen your bullshit claims before. And beat em. Time and again. Just won't do it anymore.

You think your shtick is special and researched, when really, all you did was go look for ways to tear him down... Mostly from liberals and NEOCONS...

But what you don't understand is that we've been fighting these tired old arguments ever since his left foot crossed the White House threshold for the last time. That Tumpsters come up with em is nothing new. SOSDD.

Same old claims to the Conservative Mantle. Same old cherry picking the parts you want to keep and the parts you want to do away with. Just like the NEOCONs have tried for forty years. If anything, your populism will turn into the new generation of NEOCON, not the 'new' Conservatism.

The part you don't understand is that it cannot change... because it is based in principle. TRUE things. And the truth never changes and it never fails. And that in itself has little to do with what you try to do to Reagan.

Calm down.  I'm not trying to do anything to Reagan ..... except learn from him, including from his mistakes.  Repeating them isn't helpful ---- especially today.  Reagan, himself, would agree with this.

Courage, man, find some courage ---- please.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 10:45:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

Calm down.  I'm not trying to do anything to Reagan ..... except learn from him, including from his mistakes.  Repeating them isn't helpful ---- especially today.  Reagan, himself, would agree with this.

Courage, man, find some courage ---- please.

I am perfectly calm. You've never got my goat, ever... Because your tendency is to look to the man, which is why the need to tear down Reagan in order to make Tumpy look bigger.

Swing and a miss. Because it ain't about the man. It's about what he stood upon.
That's why you don't understand Conservatism.

Being a fan of Tumplstiltskin, philosophy can't be your strong suit.

Conservatism is not about following a leader. We just all happen to be going the same way.
You have to defeat the philosophy. Not the man.

The politics of Conservatism are only there to guard our ability to have liberty - the liberty to live by the precepts of Conservatism as we see them... All of us, individually.

And you do not guarantee that liberty.
Your movement doesn't even know what it is.
So knock Reagan all you want.
It won't change a damn thing.

And y'all are making mistakes FAR greater than anyone.

Offline Hoodat

The Cold War.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I am perfectly calm. You've never got my goat, ever... Because your tendency is to look to the man, which is why the need to tear down Reagan in order to make Tumpy look bigger.

Swing and a miss. Because it ain't about the man. It's about what he stood upon.
That's why you don't understand Conservatism

Being a fan of Tumplstiltskin, philosophy can't be your strong suit.

Conservatism is not about following a leader. We just all happen to be going the same way.
You have to defeat the philosophy. Not the man.

The politics of Conservatism are only there to guard our ability to have liberty - the liberty to live by the precepts of Conservatism as we see them... All of us, individually.

And you do not guarantee that liberty.
Your movement doesn't even know what it is.
So knock Reagan all you want.
It won't change a damn thing.

And y'all are making mistakes FAR greater than anyone.

:amen: :amen: :amen:

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Yeah. He needs a cape. Has anyone told him he needs a cape?

i began making graphics with little donna twump wearing....a  cape....and the capital dome...pinwheel cap ....years ago.

hs sure IS still the six year old FIRST GRADER he told his biograoher about

Offline Hoodat

Calm down.  I'm not trying to do anything to Reagan ..... except learn from him, including from his mistakes.

@Right_in_Virginia

What have you learned from Reagan, and what mistakes do you think he made?