Author Topic: “This is the Final Battle. With You at My Side…” – Donald Trump Declares  (Read 16300 times)

Offline roamer_1

He didn't get much done in his first term because  asshats kept stabbing him in the back. Yet,none of you Anti-Trumpers seem to have much interest in talking about that.

Gee,I wonder why?

@sneakypete

What are you talking about? OF COURSE the asshats stabbed him in the back. No one is denying that. No one is uninterested in talking about that. Everybody knows.

Here's a conversation starter:

What's to keep the asshats from doing the very same thing again, again, sommore?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@sneakypete

What are you talking about? OF COURSE the asshats stabbed him in the back. No one is denying that. No one is uninterested in talking about that. Everybody knows.

What's to keep the asshats from doing the very same thing again, again, sommore?

Sic Jane Fonda on them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Sic Jane Fonda on them.

Yeah. That'll work...

:boring:

:laugh:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You guys are t

@Maj. Bill Martin

He  wouldn't be a Governor who  is running for President now if Trump hadn't campaigned for him and saved his ass.

@sneakypete that is complete b.s.  The vote went to a recount and Giliam was later involved with drugs and prostitution.  So exactly how did Trump save DeSantis?  Seriously.  There was fraud going on.  Unless you want to convince me that Trump jumped in and stopped the fraud.

We need a CONSERVATIVE in the oval office or we lose this country period.  We need someone who is accomplished and competent and is aware of laws and the Constitution. Not someone who rules by EO or who makes statements and then has to backpedal because he finds out it's unconstitutional.

So far DeSantis has proven to be conservative and who has signed laws accordingly.  He has been successful.  Yes, he has a full majority, but he has taken advantage of that and not wasted opportunities.

So take your pick - someone who is competent and accomplished or someone who rants and raves and at the end of the day doesn't get anything done that sticks.

Yes, Trump had those against him -- I get that -- BUT he also had a full majority when he took office.  He wasted many opportunities.  IF elected (which I doubt because I fear he'll be behind bars) it will be the same; Trump making terrible choice of the people he picks, and unable to accomplish much that will stick. 

Your rude orange man needs to pass the MAGA baton to someone else.

Someone other than DeSantis may jump into the arena who would be better, but right now, DeSantis is a conservative and that is exactly what this country and the GOP needs.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Right. But a president who is a leader and a team builder can create a coalition in Congress and lead the way. That's what a president SHOULD do.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@sneakypete

You know, if Trump would have spent the last couple of years putting together of smart, capable people who looked like a potential cabinet, or showed any sign of growth from his first term, there at least would be an argument that a second term would be better.

But as of now, I don't see how it wouldn't be much, much worse.  Presumably, he picked the very best people he knew the first time around -- the cream of the crop.  And those very best people he knew are now (according to him) either complete incompetents, traitors, or both.  Most of them left at some point in his first term, and he then replaced them with the folks he believed were the next best available, and then they failed him.

Just look at the Chief of Staff position, which is one that didn't require Senate approval so Trump could pick who he wanted without regard to Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan. 

1) He starts off with Reince Priebus, who lasts about 6 months before he gets the boot because he's in over his head.

2) Next up is John Kelly, who already had been serving in Trump's Homeland Security cabinet, and therefore someone whom Trump got to know and judge for himself.  He lasts about a year and a half, and they clearly couldn't stand each other by the time he left.

3) Then it's Mick Mulvaney, who lasts about 15 months before Trump gets tired of him and sends him as a Special Envoy to Ireland.  Mulvaney ended up resigning from that position on the evening of January 6 2021, saying on January 7 that "We didn't sign up for what you saw last night" and "Trump is not the same as he was eight months ago."  So I suppose that makes him another swamp creature traitor.

4)  His last Chief of Staff was Mark Meadows, who served the ten months between the time Mulvaney was sent to Ireland, and Trump left office.    He's one of the guys who testified to the Grand Jury.

Those picks were all Trump's own choices for his most important position.  So in what universe is it rational to believe that a second Trump Presidency, after all the January 6 stuff, attacking other Republicans, and now the indictments, is going to be able to attract better people, or that Trump would recognize the better people even if it did?

There's a saying that if everyone else is the problem, maybe the problem is actually you that I think applies here.  But even if you take Trump's side and say that he was right and those people were all asshats, Trump picked those asshats.  So who the hell is now left for him to appoint, and if they're so good, why didn't he just appoint them the first time??
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 07:31:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline corbe

Kelly was hired to isolate him from his senior advisers (Family).  He failed miserably, too.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Um, Pete, you do realize that Trump has now run for office multiple times? Are you saying that should disqualify him? And your 'given a chance and failed'? **nononono*

@GtHawk

You seem confused?

Maybe a nap will help?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump ran for public office multiple times.  The difference is that DeSantis had such a wildly successful first term that he won re-election in a landslide.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Right there is where I stopped reading.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

You seem confused?

Maybe a nap will help?
No it’s your ilogic that’s confusing, especially when the arguments you present are actually arguing against the guy you are for.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You know, if Trump would have spent the last couple of years putting together of smart, capable people who looked like a potential cabinet, or showed any sign of growth from his first term, there at least would be an argument that a second term would be better.

But as of now, I don't see how it wouldn't be much, much worse.  Presumably, he picked the very best people he knew the first time around -- the cream of the crop.  And those very best people he knew are now (according to him) either complete incompetents, traitors, or both.  Most of them left at some point in his first term, and he then replaced them with the folks he believed were the next best available, and then they failed him.

Just look at the Chief of Staff position, which is one that didn't require Senate approval so Trump could pick who he wanted without regard to Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan. 

1) He starts off with Reince Priebus, who lasts about 6 months before he gets the boot because he's in over his head.

2) Next up is John Kelly, who already had been serving in Trump's Homeland Security cabinet, and therefore someone whom Trump got to know and judge for himself.  He lasts about a year and a half, and they clearly couldn't stand each other by the time he left.

3) Then it's Mick Mulvaney, who lasts about 15 months before Trump gets tired of him and sends him as a Special Envoy to Ireland.  Mulvaney ended up resigning from that position on the evening of January 6 2021, saying on January 7 that "We didn't sign up for what you saw last night" and "Trump is not the same as he was eight months ago."  So I suppose that makes him another swamp creature traitor.

4)  His last Chief of Staff was Mark Meadows, who served the ten months between the time Mulvaney was sent to Ireland, and Trump left office.    He's one of the guys who testified to the Grand Jury.

Those picks were all Trump's own choices for his most important position.  So in what universe is it rational to believe that a second Trump Presidency, after all the January 6 stuff, attacking other Republicans, and now the indictments, is going to be able to attract better people, or that Trump would recognize the better people even if it did?

There's a saying that if everyone else is the problem, maybe the problem is actually you that I think applies here.  But even if you take Trump's side and say that he was right and those people were all asshats, Trump picked those asshats.  So who the hell is now left for him to appoint, and if they're so good, why didn't he just appoint them the first time??

We cannot dismiss his choice of Sessions and Rosenstein.  Rosenstein actually served under Obammy, so how is it that he was a good choice??  He wound up appointing Mueller -- ALL 3 were absolutely horrible choice and IMHO took the witch hunt above and beyond the norm!!  Trump selected those people .... they burned him, BIGLY!!

Then there was the very stupid mistake of putting his daughter and her slithering snake Kushner in the WH.  Foolish!!

ALL of these choice have baffled me and perhaps his worst choice of all was Pence!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 07:43:15 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Right. But a president who is a leader and a team builder can create a coalition in Congress and lead the way. That's what a president SHOULD do.

@roamer_1

So,you are voting for Biden because he knows how to play the game?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

What's to  keep them from doing it to DeSanctimonious?

The FACT that he is one of them won't make any difference at all.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@roamer_1

@sneakypete IF you continue to act childish and take your cue from the Trump talking points regarding DeSantis' name, I will start to do the same with Trump. Enough!

DeSantis has a more refined character, is calmer and has a proven record of getting things done.  That's one huge difference between DeSantis and Trump.  He know the laws, the Constitution and the ins and outs of government; something that Trump didn't have knowledge of going into the presidency and by some of his comments he still doesn't know.  Huge difference.

(Sorry for jumping in with an answer @roamer_1 )
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 07:49:28 pm by libertybele »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@roamer_1

Fact??  I think I or someone else in this forum has asked for proof that DeSantis is one of 'them'.  Talking points and tweets don't cut it.  Rumors and assumptions don't cut it.

Offline corbe

@roamer_1

As long as he doesn't hire Omarosa, he'll be fine @sneakypete

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

[...]

That's right - All of it... But additionally, criteria. There has to be a criteria or there can be no discernment. No qualification. No consequence... When the only criteria is how deeply you genuflect and how worshipfully you kiss the ring... Kings have had this same problem throughout history.

And we don't do kings.

Look at it this way: Contract with America was terrifically successful because it was not a populist bumper sticker... It was more than that. It was a short criteria. An important and irrevocable tick list. Easy to digest, and easy to keep track of.

Starting simply like that and accomplishing those goals can lead to something expanded and more complicated as performance becomes assured and some level of trust is restored.

That is a way forward.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

So,you are voting for Biden because he knows how to play the game?

Nope

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

@sneakypete

The very thing that Tumpy CAN'T do. He may be able to garner support for his way, and he may be able to build coalitions that can defend him, or even assault the opponent.

You always seem to forget the game. Your emperor can't lead sh*t if he can't get anyone to follow him. His cult of personality does not extend into DC, and never will. That is proven fact. He cannot be effective.

It's about building unity and coalitions. That's the game.

I don't know if DeSantis can... But considering his rousing success in FL, he comes in with good bones. Way better than Tumpy.

And he can harness the Conservatives. He's TEA, and he is NOT 'one of them'. He is a Conservative. He has proven faithful to the precepts of the TEA Party - He's dancin with who brung him. And that's a whole nuther thing.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 08:02:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

No apology is ever required of you @libertybele ... Your opinion is always welcome.  :beer:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
No apology is ever required of you @libertybele ... Your opinion is always welcome.  :beer:

6666kiss

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete IF you continue to act childish and take your cue from the Trump talking points regarding DeSantis' name, I will start to do the same with Trump. Enough!

@libertybele

First of all,AFAIK,I was the first one to give that POS the nickname of "DeSanctimonious".I don't follow Trump on the web,other  than what I see you "Rude Orange Man Haters" post from him,with  your snide comments.

Secondly, I don't give a rabid rats ass what you  say or do. You are already "in the tank" for that backstabbing POS,so it makes no difference to me what your political opinions are.

DeSantis has a more refined character, is calmer and has a proven record of getting things done.

He is also not rude or rich YET,but he hopes to be if he can get in the WH and sell favors while stabbing his supportern the back.

That's one huge difference between DeSantis and Trump.  He know the laws, the Constitution and the ins and outs of government; something that Trump didn't have knowledge of going into the presidency and by some of his comments he still doesn't know. 

You are bragging about him knowing how to "game the system for personal gain".  Good to know!

Huge difference.

True. Trump is just  running for ego reasons. He wants to go down in the history books as "The President that saved America",and Sanctimonious is running to fill his pockets.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fact??  I think I or someone else in this forum has asked for proof that DeSantis is one of 'them'.  Talking points and tweets don't cut it.  Rumors and assumptions don't cut it.

@libertybele

I know!

Why don't we just go ahead and elect yet ONE MORE of the career criminals we call politicians,and then we can all attend each other's "pity parties" when nothing changes?

I will never understand why people like you keep saying they want to vote for change,and then vote for one more SOB,just like the SOB's he is replacing.

Well,in all fairness DeSanctimonious isn't senile.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 09:29:09 pm by sneakypete »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@libertybele

I know!

Why don't we just go ahead and elect yet ONE MORE of the career criminals we call politicians,and then we can all attend each other's "pity parties" when nothing changes?

I will never understand why people like you keep saying they want to vote for change,and then vote for one more SOB,just like the SOB's he is replacing.

So since Trumpsrear has left office is anything that he did still in effect or did Brandon wipe it all out?  So what change exactly are you talking about?