Author Topic: Trump is ‘toast’ in classified documents case: Ex-AG Bill Barr  (Read 330 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump is ‘toast’ in classified documents case: Ex-AG Bill Barr

By Carl Campanile   
June 11, 2023

Donald Trump’s onetime Attorney General William Barr said Sunday the former president is “toast” after being indicted by the federal government for mishandling classified documents.

“The government acted responsibly. It was Donald J. Trump who acted irresponsibly,” Barr said on “Fox News Sunday” of the 37-count indictment against Trump, 76, unsealed Friday.

“They’re solid counts,” Barr said. “Even if half of this is true he’s toast.”

Barr noted he believed that Trump was treated unfairly by the FBI in the “Russiagate” collusion probe and with the indictment brought by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg in the Stormy Daniels hush money case.

But he said the charges that Trump kept hundreds of classified government documents related to sensitive national security matters at his Mar-a-Lago estate after leaving the White House are a serious matter.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/11/trump-is-toast-in-classified-documents-case-ex-ag-bill-barr/

Online DB

Re: Trump is ‘toast’ in classified documents case: Ex-AG Bill Barr
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 10:28:05 pm »
Why would Trump have Iran strike plans in his possession?

And then go and show them to his friends/whomever...

I could understand having documents about false charges against him that the DOJ wanted to black hole - but not this.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump is ‘toast’ in classified documents case: Ex-AG Bill Barr
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 02:31:29 am »
Why would Trump have Iran strike plans in his possession?

And then go and show them to his friends/whomever...

I could understand having documents about false charges against him that the DOJ wanted to black hole - but not this.

Yeah, this is the stuff that's going to make him look really bad if it is proven to be true.