Author Topic: Woman Takes Husband’s Guns, Turns Them In – What She Didn’t Expect Was The Police’s Reaction  (Read 836 times)

Offline American Girl

Online Kamaji

According to The Washington Post, Courtney was immediately arrested and charged with grand theft of a firearm and armed burglary when she admitted to breaking into her estranged husband’s home and stealing his guns. She subsequently spent six days in jail before she was granted bond.

“So are you telling me that you committed an armed burglary?” the officer asked.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Obviously, they are better off apart.  :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What was she expecting?
You can never take someone's guns when they are owned legally!!!

Sounds like once he gets out of jail he was going to have to turn them over himself to the police (or give to someone else??? Someone maybe know and want to comment?). She obviously didn't want to give him the second option. Someone that rams your car perhaps has given up his right to be trusted with a gun.

Mixed feelings here, being I am big on right to own guns, but when it has been proven you are just a idiot that behaves rashly. Then there is the fact that I don't like the government just taking your stuff (and the red tape it takes to get things back) without the option of allowing one to give to others instead. Then there is the fact that would I accept guns from someone that is idiot enough to demand I give them back later once the police has lessened it's eye on them. Finally there is always the rare option the lady deserved everything he threw at her. Again violence against an ex-spouce is rarely justified, but if she does something like plants drugs on you for the purpose of taking the children and everything you own, sometimes going killdozer on someone may be a reasonable response.

I do have a gripe @American Girl ... Why does your articles you link to avoid posting links to the original sources you quote? I often like to follow the links back to get more insight and your articles don't offer a quick link? I don't like the Washington Post, but the reader should be allowed the option to view the original post if they want to.

In this case you took an old article and gave it new life/recycled it, the offense occurred in 2019. I would be interested in a followup article, but I doubt she/he would be interested in pulling scabs on this section of their lives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/23/she-gave-her-estranged-husbands-guns-cops-they-arrested-her-theft/

After a little research I did find this tidbit....

Haas said Courtney Irby, accompanied by an unnamed friend, used a spare key to enter Joseph Irby’s apartment on June 15. He said she took two men’s watches, a GoPro camera, possibly a computer and some items belonging to the children.

“The narrative that Mrs. Irby went to the apartment to get the guns to protect herself and her children is false,” Haas said. “It is directly contradicted by the sworn testimony of Mrs. Irby’s friend, who accompanied her to her husband’s apartment.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2019/07/05/felony-charges-dropped-against-courtney/4759682007/

She went to take things of value and the guns were likely just an "FU" thing. So the narrative presented to the press that taking the guns were to protect herself and children from him, may of been highly aggravated for purpose of taking things to be pawned... Again, he had already drained the joint bank account, so she may of been desperate... but her friend that went with her confirmed that the guns were just an afterthought, and perhaps just her being vindictive.

All in all, just sad to see young couples (and they had 3 kids) fall apart. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 07:15:30 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like she got passive-aggressive vindictive and it bit her on the butt. That's awesome.
The Republic is lost.

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
In this case you took an old article and gave it new life/recycled it, the offense occurred in 2019. I would be interested in a followup article, but I doubt she/he would be interested in pulling scabs on this section of their lives.
Looks like "RightJournalism.com" is recycling 4 year old articles as new "clickbait" for their site...ad revenue as motivation...as usual "follow the money" (ad money in this case).

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Looks like "RightJournalism.com" is recycling 4 year old articles as new "clickbait" for their site...ad revenue as motivation...as usual "follow the money" (ad money in this case).

Yeah, and I sincerely doubt "American Woman" is a woman at all. Lot of the articles posted are linked by other names on other forums.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....