Author Topic: Migrants housed on Chicago's North Side moving to the South Side  (Read 279 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants housed on Chicago's North Side moving to the South Side
chicago
BY ASAL REZAEI

JUNE 9, 2023 / 4:46 PM / CBS CHICAGO

CHICAGO (CBS) -- Dozens of migrant families at a shelter on Chicago's North Side are being told they have to relocate miles away to Daley College on the South Side.

But many of them are pleading with the city to stay in place with support from people in the community. CBS 2's Asal Rezaei reports from West Ridge where families are still waiting for buses to arrive to move the migrants

Nearly 40 families have been staying at the old YMCA for the past month, they were told this would be a permanent shelter for them. And now, to make room for more migrants, specifically single men, they're being told they have to relocate to a shelter on the opposite end of the city

People in the community said communication from city leaders has not been as transparent as they'd hoped and there is no clear plan in place.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/north-side-migrants-moving-south-side/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Migrants housed on Chicago's North Side moving to the South Side
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 12:59:03 pm »
For those of you unfamiliar with Chicago, the illegals are being moved to the side of town where they stand a much better chance of being robbed, beaten, and murdered.  I won't say ghetto but it would definitely remind you of one. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 02:17:29 pm »
For those of you unfamiliar with Chicago, the illegals are being moved to the side of town where they stand a much better chance of being robbed, beaten, and murdered.  I won't say ghetto but it would definitely remind you of one. :whistle:

Since they're here illegally, I don't really GAF.  Maybe that will encourage them to go back home.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 02:55:59 pm »
Since they're here illegally, I don't really GAF.  Maybe that will encourage them to go back home.

More likely the new mayor would seek funding to build homes for the illegals to give away, especially those from Africa.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 03:04:20 pm »
More likely the new mayor would seek funding to build homes for the illegals to give away, especially those from Africa.

Possibly.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 03:20:59 pm »
I thought everybody knew about the South side.

Well the South side of Chicago
Is the baddest part of town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9C6uzTTgWk
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley