Author Topic: Eric Adams accused of playing politics over migrant housing site at JFK Airport  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eric Adams accused of playing politics over migrant housing site at JFK Airport
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 June 10, 2023 04:00 AM

A Republican congressman from Long Island accused New York City Mayor Eric Adams of playing politics and sabotaging his tour through a warehouse at John F. Kennedy International Airport where hundreds of adult immigrant men are now being housed.

Rep. Anthony D’Esposito, a first-term lawmaker whose Nassau County district runs up along JFK, had received confirmation Thursday for an official scheduled walk-through of the building, but he was ultimately barred from entering.

The city rented the vacant, one-room warehouse from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to shelter 800 immigrant men on airport property after they arrived in the city from the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I don't take it personal. I believe that it's politics," D’Esposito told the Washington Examiner. "You have someone from the federal government who sits on both the House Homeland Security Committee and the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, both committees heavily involved with the border, with immigration, with the FAA and our transportation hubs ... I find it a little bit insulting."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/eric-adams-playing-politics-migrant-housing-site-jfk-airport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson