Author Topic: Mayor Adams bully pulpit approach to NYC’s migrant crisis may be alienating the very allies he nee  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Mayor Adams bully pulpit approach to NYC’s migrant crisis may be alienating the very allies he needs
Story by Michael Gartland, New York Daily News • Yesterday 7:08 PM

NEW YORK — People who thought New York City Mayor Eric Adams might opt for discretion when the stakes got high are now learning in real time that is not how this mayor rolls.

For more than a year, Adams has been embroiled in an emergency of epic proportion. About 74,000 migrants have streamed into the city since he took office and more than 47,000 of them remain in the city’s care. Administration officials project the total bill for this will come to more than $4 billion within a year’s time — as the city’s homeless shelters and emergency relief centers have already reached capacity.

In the face of this, Adams has housed migrants in hotels, public school gymnasiums and churches — and he’s used his bully pulpit to attack those he believes aren’t doing their part. That list that grows longer with each passing week and includes President Joe Biden, the City Council, Comptroller Brad Lander, Republicans inside and outside the state and an array of left-leaning advocates.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mayor-adams-bully-pulpit-approach-to-nyc-s-migrant-crisis-may-be-alienating-the-very-allies-he-needs/ar-AA1cnZep
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson