Author Topic: Heat pump turns out to be a huge polluter: 11 times worse for the environment  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Heat pump turns out to be a huge polluter: 11 times worse for the environment

From one of our correspondents.

From a material point of view, heat pumps are much worse for the environment than was assumed. The score, according to research, is 'so bad' that new homes or offices can hardly comply with the rules for sustainable construction. To prevent construction plan delays, a temporary 'calculation factor for new installations' is in force. Critics speak of a legally unsustainable goat path, reports Cobouw.

The trade magazine for construction states:

' Experts were very surprised when they compared the results with the heat pump data that is now used to make the mandatory Environmental Performance Calculations (MPG) for buildings. According to the Dutch building code calculation system, a heat pump is up to eleven times worse for the environment than was assumed.'

Experts are very frightened because the data gives such a poor picture of the pollution and they wonder whether it is still wise to use heat pumps in new homes, now that the device takes up such a large part of the environmental performance .

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/02/warmtepomp-blijkt-een-enorme-vervuiler-11-keer-slechter-voor-milieu/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji