Author Topic: Academics say rich nations owe poor ones $192 Trillion for “atmospheric appropriation”  (Read 279 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Academics say rich nations owe poor ones $192 Trillion for “atmospheric appropriation”
By Jo Nova

Some overpaid academics think the rich nations owe $192,000,000,000,000 to poorer nations because of the “carbon pollution” they emitted.

Jo Nova says that fossil fuels built a civilization that invented cars, trains, planes, penicillin, the Haber-Bosch process, and clean water — making seven billion more lives possible. Fossil Fueled nations added free fertilizer to the atmosphere, increased crops and forests, greened the world and fed more people than ever.

The uncosted benefits owed to the West far outweigh the imaginary losses, so call off the parasites and let’s consider it all a free gift from the West to the world. What are seven billion lives worth?

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/06/rich-nations-owe-poor-ones-192-trillion-gadzillion-for-atmospheric-appropriation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There has been no rain at my house in nearly 3 weeks undoubtedly due to "atmospheric appropriation," but I'll settle for $100 million.  I'm not a greedy person. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

The only reason that the people in those poor nations are alive today is because their ancestors didn’t die of disease or malnutrition due to the productive economies of those horrible rich countries.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

There has been no rain at my house in nearly 3 weeks undoubtedly due to "atmospheric appropriation," but I'll settle for $100 million.  I'm not a greedy person. :whistle:
Same here. No rain for three weeks. Heck, I'd settle for $100, at this point.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

These people just get stupider and stupider.

Offline Idiot

We've been getting your rain and THANK YOU!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We've been getting your rain and THANK YOU!

Always happy to help! :seeya:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

:facepalm2:

These people just get stupider and stupider.

They are paid for their work product. The stupid ones are the ones paying for it.