Author Topic: Louisiana farmer facing economic hit after social media post touted his Catholic faith, called out P  (Read 1585 times)

Offline libertybele

God Bless Him and I hope and pray somehow his farm becomes more profitable. 

Louisiana farmer facing economic hit after social media post touted his Catholic faith, called out Pride month

A Louisiana farm is facing devastating backlash for its pro-faith social media post.

Owner of the Backwater Foei Gras farmstead, Ross McKnight, has lost two-thirds of his restaurant business after he made an Instagram post commemorating the Catholic celebration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, leaving his "tiny" family-owned farm under intense economic pressure.

In the post, he referred to the "attempted coup of the month," referring to Pride Month. He then suggested "some antidotes to a false pride."

During his appearance on "Fox & Friends Weekend," McKnight noted that he has never been "quiet" about his faith, making the widespread pushback from his post even more surprising.

"I did know, I suppose in the back of my mind, that eventually there would be a conflict," he began. "It's not out of nowhere, of course, right. Because the conflict happens across the country all the time. But, that it would happen now seemed a little bit perhaps like it was a concerted effort."............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/louisiana-dad-faces-economic-warfare-social-media-post-celebrating-faith-calling-pride-month
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Being Catholic in this day and age seems to not be very popular.  I once thought that there was a surge in Christianity itself but with the recent pride surge, apparently not.  Sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Too bad his focus is on Foei Gras... a 'delicacy' of the rich (read liberal)...

There are any number of Cajun delicacies that folks would order otherwise.
Andouille anyone? Folks all over the nation would be after that...

But Foei Gras... That's very expensive bait, up in here.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have a hard time believing this. IIRC,there are a LOT of Catholics in Louisiana,so why would anyone pick him out to target,based purely on his faith?

Has anyone verified this?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 08:48:46 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Owner of the Backwater Foei Gras farmstead, Ross McKnight, has lost two-thirds of his restaurant business after he made an Instagram post commemorating the Catholic celebration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus..."

Hmmm....
If the transunists are that strong, even down in Louisiana, what's it going to take to defeat them...?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have a hard time believing this. IIRC,there are a LOT of Catholics in Louisiana,so why would anyone pick him out to target,based purely on his faith?

Has anyone verified this?
Hes dealing with the restaurant biz, and that is often loaded with folks who are light in the loafers. Not all, by any stretch, but enough.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hes dealing with the restaurant biz, and that is often loaded with folks who are light in the loafers. Not all, by any stretch, but enough.

@Smokin Joe

Thanks for the update,although  I still don't understand that sort of thinking. I eat at certain establishments because they offer food that I like and is cooked the way I like it. I don't care about,or even want to know about their private lives because it is none of my  business.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Thanks for the update,although  I still don't understand that sort of thinking. I eat at certain establishments because they offer food that I like and is cooked the way I like it. I don't care about,or even want to know about their private lives because it is none of my  business.
Yep. But if the chef is one of the alphabet people, they will look for produce sources of that same persuasion, given equal or nearly equal quality. If it costs more, that still does not stop that sort of behaviour. The alphabet folks are a tribe all their own, and support each other whenever possible, to the exclusion of ordinary folks who speak against their particular fetishes.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

God Bless Him and I hope and pray somehow his farm becomes more profitable. 

Louisiana farmer facing economic hit after social media post touted his Catholic faith, called out Pride month

A Louisiana farm is facing devastating backlash for its pro-faith social media post.

Owner of the Backwater Foei Gras farmstead, Ross McKnight, has lost two-thirds of his restaurant business after he made an Instagram post commemorating the Catholic celebration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, leaving his "tiny" family-owned farm under intense economic pressure.

In the post, he referred to the "attempted coup of the month," referring to Pride Month. He then suggested "some antidotes to a false pride."

During his appearance on "Fox & Friends Weekend," McKnight noted that he has never been "quiet" about his faith, making the widespread pushback from his post even more surprising.

"I did know, I suppose in the back of my mind, that eventually there would be a conflict," he began. "It's not out of nowhere, of course, right. Because the conflict happens across the country all the time. But, that it would happen now seemed a little bit perhaps like it was a concerted effort."............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/louisiana-dad-faces-economic-warfare-social-media-post-celebrating-faith-calling-pride-month
I'd think New Orleans is full of liberals.

Online roamer_1

The kind of people who would eat Foei Gras certainly would be...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yep. But if the chef is one of the alphabet people, they will look for produce sources of that same persuasion, given equal or nearly equal quality. If it costs more, that still does not stop that sort of behaviour. The alphabet folks are a tribe all their own, and support each other whenever possible, to the exclusion of ordinary folks who speak against their particular fetishes.

@Smokin Joe

I guess I just don't get out enough because I have no idea  who  "The Alphabet People" are,and in general,really don't give a damn.

So the guy is Catholic? So what? If you don't like Catholics,there are plenty of other places you can go that are not  owned by Catholics.

And THIS is coming from someone that has relatives that haven't talked to me since I was a pre-teen and started refusing to go to church because I had read the Bible enough to think  it  was a big scam to get money out of clueless people so afraid of going to a Hell that doesn't even exist that they would say or do anything to kiss a little Holy ass.

Live and let live. If  you don't like or trust someone because of their religious viewpoints,the color of their skin,etc,etc,etc,do your best to avoid them. This is America,and you are free to like or dislike anyone,regardless of race,creed,color,or religious beliefs. Or any other reason,and even for no reason at  all,if that  is what flips your trigger.

I have ZERO problems convincing these people to get the HELL out of my face if they come up to be preaching about how they want to save me,and I tell them something like "No thanks,I am not a believer,so go screw with  someone else. If that doesn't work,I escalate from there,and will get physical about if necessary.

The flip side of that is I don't go out looking for  devoutly religious people  just  to start some Biden with them.

You are,of course,free to agree or disagree to any or all of this.

Ain't freedom GREAT?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Jack Russell

I doan no bout DAT! Ever been to Bourbon Street? If not,do NOT go alone and be vewwy,vewwy careful about getting drunk and pissing anyone off.

In fact,be very careful to not get drunk unless you are a part of a crowd and the crowd will make sure you leave when  they leave.

Also,do NOT go to any of the "locals" bars a couple of blocks off  of Bourbon St and try to pick up on any  of the  local women. Don't ask me how I know this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 04:52:59 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Jack Russell

New Orleans is full of business people,their employees,criminals,and tourists.

There is a LOT of "overlap" between the first 3 groups.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I guess I just don't get out enough because I have no idea  who  "The Alphabet People" are,and in general,really don't give a damn.
GLBTQWXYZe=mc2etc.
So the guy is Catholic? So what? If you don't like Catholics,there are plenty of other places you can go that are not  owned by Catholics.

And THIS is coming from someone that has relatives that haven't talked to me since I was a pre-teen and started refusing to go to church because I had read the Bible enough to think  it  was a big scam to get money out of clueless people so afraid of going to a Hell that doesn't even exist that they would say or do anything to kiss a little Holy ass.

Live and let live. If  you don't like or trust someone because of their religious viewpoints,the color of their skin,etc,etc,etc,do your best to avoid them. This is America,and you are free to like or dislike anyone,regardless of race,creed,color,or religious beliefs. Or any other reason,and even for no reason at  all,if that  is what flips your trigger.

I have ZERO problems convincing these people to get the HELL out of my face if they come up to be preaching about how they want to save me,and I tell them something like "No thanks,I am not a believer,so go screw with  someone else. If that doesn't work,I escalate from there,and will get physical about if necessary.

The flip side of that is I don't go out looking for  devoutly religious people  just  to start some Biden with them.

You are,of course,free to agree or disagree to any or all of this.

Ain't freedom GREAT?
Not sure how that got so f**ed up, but I'm having one of those weeks.

The guy in question, being boycotted by restaurants he formerly supplied, is a Catholic, as am I, and he called out the formerly mentioned list of sexual aberrants who go by one or more of those initials over "PRIDE MONTH", so they are boycotting him.

It should come as no surprise that many in the kitchens of the food service industry, in the fashion world, in acting and entertainment, and even interior decorators are homosexual or otherwise practicing deviants.

I'll chalk your not recalling me making reference in the past to how odd it seemed for homosexuals or Lesbians to seek a Christian baker for their "wedding" cake, when there were likely no small number of highly competent cake decorators and bakers who were of similar orientation who would have been more than happy to bake a cake for 'Adam and Steve's nuptials.

This is the homolobby striking back at a guy who spoke his mind, much as beer drinkers struck back at Bud Light, with a boycott.

I'm just surprised the guy is surprised,  and hope he finds replacement restaurant customers to supply who will appreciate his produce.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Thanks for highlighting that aspect. I hadn't even considered it.