Author Topic: ALAN DERSHOWITZ's stunning verdict on Donald Trump's indictment  (Read 342 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ALAN DERSHOWITZ's stunning verdict on Donald Trump's indictment: The ex-president's brag to a writer was 'worst sentence he's ever uttered' and every time he opens his mouth he increases his chances of going to prison

By Matt London For Dailymail.Com

Published: 19:50 EDT, 9 June 2023 | Updated: 08:36 EDT, 10 June 2023

The sensational federal indictment of Donald Trump has stunned one of America's sharpest legal scholars, legendary defense attorney and Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz.

Trump faces 37 counts over claims he illegally-stored highly classified government documents at his Mar-a-Lago country club, showed the information to visitors and attempted to obstruct a federal investigation.

Jaw-dropping details of the charges against Trump were outlined Friday - and the former president now runs the risk of a lengthy prison sentence if convicted. Trump will appear before a Miami court on Tuesday.

Dershowitz describes himself as a liberal Democrat, and a friend and supporter of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

He has also previously spoken out against what he sees as the unfair persecution of Trump and famously defended the then-president in remarks on the floor of Senate in January 2020 during one of Trump's impeachment trials.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, he said that some of the new charges Trump faces are exceptionally serious, others are extremely weak. Dershowitz also warned that the former president's well-known propensity for talking too much may get him in even deeper trouble.

This interview has been edited for length and clarity

DailyMail.com: How do you evaluate the strength of the federal indictment of Donald Trump?

Dershowitz: This indictment is stronger than I anticipated in one respect and in one respect only.

It has the text of a conversation between former President Trump and a writer in which Trump says: Look, I know these documents that I have in my hand are secret. I could have declassified them. I didn't. Here, I'm going to show them to you to prove my point.

That does seem to be evidence that at least there were some documents that President Trump knew were not unclassified. He had them in his possession.

Whether the documents were actually given to an unauthorized person to read or just flashed before his eyes, as part of typical Trump bravado, the government is going to have to prove.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12179691/ALAN-DERSHOWITZs-verdict-Donald-Trumps-indictment-worst-sentence-hes-uttered.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34