Author Topic: Biden, Not Florida, Is Crushing Sanctuary Cities  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden, Not Florida, Is Crushing Sanctuary Cities
« on: June 10, 2023, 12:27:29 pm »
Biden, Not Florida, Is Crushing Sanctuary Cities
Commentary
June 8, 2023

By Brian Lonergan

If the Biden Administration’s sabotage of America’s borders has resulted in anything positive, it has served to expose the fraud of sanctuary policies and the politicians who support them. For years sanctuary “leaders” have been showered with unearned praise for their empty rhetoric. Now, the border crisis is applying a stress test to them and their jurisdictions, and both are failing miserably.

After nearly endless stories of sanctuary foolishness the last several years, we may now be reaching peak absurdity. State officials in California, America’s petri dish of radical leftist policies, are caterwauling because 36 migrants were flown to Sacramento on two planes by the Florida Division of Emergency Management (DOEM). Governor Gavin Newsom and state Attorney General Rob Bonta are accusing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis of sending the migrants, although there is no evidence DeSantis authorized the flights.

Newsom, the archetype of the hyper-ambitious, attention-obsessed modern politician, took the matter to Twitter, where he called DeSantis a “small, pathetic man” and suggested that the Florida governor is guilty of kidnapping by allegedly tricking migrants to board the planes to California.     

https://irli.org/biden-not-florida-is-crushing-sanctuary-cities/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson