Author Topic: 4 children found alive in Colombia's Amazon a month after the plane crashed  (Read 967 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Yahoo News Aoife Walsh - BBC News 6/10/2023

The children's mother and two pilots were killed when the light aircraft they were travelling on crashed after apparently suffering engine failure

Four children have been found alive after surviving a plane crash and spending weeks fending for themselves in Colombia's Amazon jungle.

Colombia's president said the rescue of the siblings, aged 13, nine, four and one, was "a joy for the whole country".

The children's mother and two pilots were killed when their light aircraft crashed in the jungle on 1 May.

The missing children became the focus of a huge rescue operation involving dozens of soldiers and local people.

President Gustavo Petro said finding the group was a "magical day", adding: "They were alone, they themselves achieved an example of total survival which will remain in history."

The children belong to the Huitoto indigenous group. Mr Petro shared a photograph of several members of the military and Indigenous community caring for the siblings, who had been missing for 40 days.

The children's grandmother, Fatima Valencia, said after their rescue: "I am very grateful, and to mother earth as well, that they were set free."

She said the eldest of the four siblings was used to looking after the other three when their mother was at work, and that this helped them survive in the jungle.

"She gave them flour and cassava bread, any fruit in the bush, they know what they must consume," Ms Valencia said in footage obtained by EVN.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/colombia-plane-crash-four-children-013902410.html

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 11:43:25 am by Elderberry »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
We needed a happy story here.

Thanks for posting @Elderberry
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tough kids!

I take off my hat and bow in respect to the oldest,who no doubt took charge and did what needed to  be done to save them all.

BRAVO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Naked and Afraid, eat your heart out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kudos to the eldest who probably gets a lot of the credit for their survival.

Thank The Almighty for providing what they needed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kudos to the eldest who probably gets a lot of the credit for their survival.

Thank The Almighty for providing what they needed.

@Smokin Joe

That boy is a genuine hero!

Offline LadyLiberty

@Smokin Joe

That boy is a genuine hero!

That girl is a hero.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
An American kid in the same situation wouldn't last a week if the crash happened in the USA a mile away from a Burger King....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More info here

Kids who survived 40 days in Colombian jungle have their grandmother to thank
https://nypost.com/2023/06/10/kids-survived-in-columbian-jungle-thanks-to-grandmother/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That girl is a hero.

@LadyLiberty

The oldest child was a girl?

Not that it matters. Hero is not a gender category.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That girl is a hero.

@LadyLiberty

I just read a link to the full story,and stand corrected!

Thank you for the correction.

BTW,it is not just the kids and their family that are overjoyed about this. Can you even begin to imagine how overjoyed all those  soldiers were to take part of any operation to save lost children?

I suspect that they are now feeling like they are floating above the ground when they walk around.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
An American kid in the same situation wouldn't last a week if the crash happened in the USA a mile away from a Burger King....
A very few would, most would not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mom From Amazon Plane Crash Survived For Days, Urged Children To Save Themselves

Gretchen Clayson
Reporter
June 12, 2023 8:42 AM ET
Font Size:

The mother of four young children who survived 40 days in the Amazon jungle after a plane crash initially survived the tragic accident, but urged her children to leave her behind in order to save themselves, family members revealed Sunday.

Magdalena Mucutuy was alive four days after the plane in which she and her children were traveling crashed in the Amazonian jungle, the children told family members, according to The Guardian. Manuel Ranoque, the father of two of the children, told reporters his daughter detailed the last heroic and selfless moments of Mucutuy’s life after her rescue.

“Before she died, she said to them: ‘Maybe you should go. You guys are going to see the kind of man your dad is, and he’s going to show you the same kind of great love that I have shown you,'” Ranoque stated, according to The Guardian.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/12/magdalena-mucutuy-plane-crash-amazon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

I just read that there is a pretty big rescue mission to find the rescue dog that found the kids. Fingers crossed.