Author Topic: Cracker Barrel just told Bud Light to ‘Hold my beer’  (Read 764 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cracker Barrel just told Bud Light to ‘Hold my beer’
« on: June 09, 2023, 05:13:06 pm »
June 9, 2023
Cracker Barrel just told Bud Light to ‘Hold my beer’
By Andrea Widburg

Bud Light, to date, seems to have committed corporate suicide because of its endorsement relationship with Dylan Mulvaney, who makes a living by pretending to be a little girl. (Mulvaney is clever because he sweeps in both the pro-transgender crowd and the pedophile crowd.) The backlash showed that Bud Light totally misread its customer base, which now views the product with revulsion. So what does Cracker Barrel, which has a similar customer base, decide to do? Send out a pro-Pride tweet!

Cracker Barrel, which originated in Tennessee, has been around for 54 years. Its corporate identity is that it offers customers the experience of an old-time country store and some good country cooking. It sells itself to middle America by supporting patriotic values. Wikipedia sums up the experience nicely:

Cracker Barrel's menu is based on traditional Southern cuisine, with appearance and decor designed to resemble an old-fashioned general store. Each location features a front porch lined with wooden rocking chairs, a stone fireplace, and decorative artifacts from the local area. Cracker Barrel partners with country music performers. It engages in charitable activities, such as its assistance to victims of Hurricane Katrina and injured war veterans. [Hyperlinks omitted.]

Currently, Cracker Barrel is in economic trouble because those same middle-American customers are in economic trouble. Thanks to Biden’s inflationary policies, the people who used to dine at Cracker Barrel don’t have the excess cash anymore that once allowed them to enjoy a Southern-style meal in kitschy comfort:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/06/cracker_barrel_just_told_bud_light_to_hold_my_beer.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: Cracker Barrel just told Bud Light to ‘Hold my beer’
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 05:45:02 pm »
The rainbow colored rocking chair are just precious.  *****rollingeyes***** What a huge mistake by Cracker Barrel. 

We don't have one near by, but maybe a few of the LGBTQ whatever's will now make a special trip.  With their business hurting for customers this was a stupid move.  How many customers are they going to lose over this?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 06:05:12 pm »
 Another corporate ***suicide***
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 06:29:46 pm »

I don't see the problem with this tweet. "Everyone is always welcome at our table", is a positive message and does not disparage Christians, White people, traditional Americans, or anyone else (as Bud Lite did). And a colorful rocking chair is meaningless to me.

However for the life of me, I cannot imagine WHY? they would jump into this toxic mess voluntarily. Does anyone know how to just shut-up anymore? "Better to be silent and to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

This compulsion corporations have to generate their own self-made public firestorm on their own heads just 'out of the blue' for no specific reason, is just so baffling to me. Why not just stay out of it? Do they really think that 0.03% of the population (who are not their customers and never will be) is going to make up for all the potential losses involved? Shaking my head in confusion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 06:37:18 pm »

I don't see the problem with this tweet. "Everyone is always welcome at our table", is a positive message and does not disparage Christians, White people, traditional Americans, or anyone else (as Bud Lite did). And a colorful rocking chair is meaningless to me.

However for the life of me, I cannot imagine WHY? they would jump into this toxic mess voluntarily. Does anyone know how to just shut-up anymore? "Better to be silent and to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

This compulsion corporations have to generate their own self-made public firestorm on their own heads just 'out of the blue' for no specific reason, is just so baffling to me. Why not just stay out of it? Do they really think that 0.03% of the population (who are not their customers and never will be) is going to make up for all the potential losses involved? Shaking my head in confusion.
My bet is that they, and others (having hit a financial hard streak as a result of the basic economic malaise being felt by a lot of Americans) went to get funding and had to do something proactive to raise their ESG score to get it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2023, 04:16:13 pm »
My bet is that they, and others (having hit a financial hard streak as a result of the basic economic malaise being felt by a lot of Americans) went to get funding and had to do something proactive to raise their ESG score to get it.
When will White Supremacists get their ESG award? White Supremacists are the most diverse group in the country.
Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Muslims, have all been labeled White Supremacists by the MSM.
That is 'diversity' at its finest.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 04:27:53 pm »
When will White Supremacists get their ESG award? White Supremacists are the most diverse group in the country.
Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Muslims, have all been labeled White Supremacists by the MSM.
That is 'diversity' at its finest.

IMO, somebody figured the rainbow rocker was smarter than a future of doubled fire-insurance premiums on your inventory/stock/building.

Worst thing that could happen?  Somebody may buy the rocker.    :laugh:

Secondly, it's 'free' advertising.  Have you seen their latest hotcakes commercial? 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 04:29:07 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 04:44:58 pm »
The wife's "girlie group" just found new accommodations for their meetings. Cracker can suck eggs.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....