Author Topic: While Kevin McCarthy Condemns Trump Indictment, Mitch McConnell Remains Conspicuously Quiet  (Read 329 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
While Kevin McCarthy Condemns Trump Indictment, Mitch McConnell Remains Conspicuously Quiet
By Susie Moore | 9:45 AM on June 09, 2023

Following the news, on Thursday evening, of former President Donald Trump’s indictment related to alleged mishandling of classified documents, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) issued a statement on Twitter condemning the move in no uncertain terms.

Said McCarthy:

Today is indeed a dark day for the United States of America.

It is unconscionable for a President to indict the leading candidate opposing him. Joe Biden kept classified documents for decades.

I, and every American who believes in the rule of law, stand with President Trump against this grave injustice. House Republicans will hold this brazen weaponization of power accountable.

Other elected Republicans and well-known conservatives sounded off on the news as well.

more
https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/06/09/while-kevin-mccarthy-condemns-trump-indictment-mitch-mcconnell-remains-conspicuously-quiet-n758532
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I am not a fan of McCarthy and don't trust him.  McConnell is one of the DEM's best weapons.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This is the day McConnell has been privately waiting for.

McConnell's objective is to be majority leader of the US Senate, and in 2022, Donald Trump cost McConnell a GOP majority in the US Senate.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.