Author Topic: Transcript Released of the Tape that the DOJ Claims Is an Admission of Guilt By Donald Trump  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Transcript Released of the Tape that the DOJ Claims Is an Admission of Guilt By Donald Trump
By Bonchie | 10:00 AM on June 09, 2023

On Thursday, the Department of Justice, led by special counsel Jack Smith, took the last steps to formalize an indictment of Donald Trump. The former president took to Truth Social to reveal that he and his lawyers had been notified of what was coming and given a description of the charges. That naturally set off a firestorm among conservatives, much of it justified given how selective the prosecution appears to be.

Unfortunately, selective prosecution, while a worthy criticism and one that should eventually be punished by the next Republican president, is not a legal argument. So what’s at the meat of the charges Trump will now face? Per various reports, we know that they will range from conspiracy and obstruction to mishandling national security information under the Espionage Act.

Trump’s primary defense has been (and will presumably remain) that he declassified everything he took. The DOJ claims to have an answer to that, though, and it comes by way of a tape RedState reported on previously. Now, we have the actual transcript of that tape (CNN).

A fair warning. If are the type to dismiss anything related to this prosecution, you probably don’t want to read further because I intend to discuss the transcript and what it could mean going forward.

Former President Donald Trump acknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.

(…)

“Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this,” Trump says at one point, according to the transcript. “This was done by the military and given to me.”

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/06/09/transcript-released-of-the-tape-that-the-doj-claims-is-an-admission-of-guilt-by-donald-trump-n758538
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First 1/3 - 1/2 of this video is worth the watch. He goes through and very clearly explains why the upcoming indictments of Trump is serious and likely to get traction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA273kfglIo&ab_channel=JudgeNapolitano-JudgingFreedom
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump admitted on tape he didn’t declassify ‘secret’ military docs he kept
By Josh Christenson   
June 9, 2023 10:32am

Former President Donald Trump was recorded in 2021 acknowledging that he had kept “secret” military documents from his time in office without first declassifying them.

The recording of the 76-year-old’s admission has been obtained by federal prosecutors, who secured an indictment of Trump on charges including willful retention of national defense information after retrieving thousands of documents from his Mar-a-Lago resort.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump, 76, said about a classified Pentagon paper outlining a potential military strike on Iran, according to a transcript of the meeting reported by CNN.

“Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this,” the 45th president also said. “This was done by the military and given to me.”

Special Counsel Jack Smith indicted Trump on seven counts as part of an investigation into Trump’s mishandling of government documents after leaving the White House in January 2021.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/09/trump-admitted-to-keeping-secret-military-info-report/
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Everything Trump says is an admission of guilt for any of his many, many transgressions.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Trump is a bonehead at times (and we all know it, flippantly talking about this classified info is proof), but I wonder, if one (as president) reads classified material and then goes home(s), and jots down classified from memory, does it still count as classified since it is no longer on classified official papers?

The Bible in Proverbs mentions several times, keeping your mouth shut to not appear a fool.

That said, Biben to Hillary were also flippant to classified information and perhaps more so... yet crickets... Biden probable did so willfully to the benefit of both himself through his son's relationships to China spies.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 05:00:54 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....