Author Topic: Donald Trump indicted: What is the Espionage Act and what are the punishments for it?  (Read 450 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump indicted: What is the Espionage Act and what are the punishments for it?
by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter |
June 09, 2023 08:27 AM

The Department of Justice has indicted Donald Trump, levying federal charges against the former president over accusations he mishandled classified documents after leaving the White House and thwarted efforts from the government to reclaim them.

Trump announced the indictment on his Truth Social account Thursday night, telling supporters he would surrender to authorities on Tuesday afternoon. The DOJ has yet to announce the indictment publicly or unseal any of the charges against the former president.

Trump reportedly faces a number of charges for his mishandling of classified materials, including the willful retention of national defense secrets, according to the New York Times. Such a move would put Trump in violation of the Espionage Act, a federal law that prohibits interference with the U.S. military.

What charges does Trump face?

Trump faces seven charges in his federal indictment, people familiar with the matter said. However, the scope of the charges and exact details remain unclear.

Among those charges are the unauthorized retention of national security documents and failure to return them to the government. If proven guilty, Trump would be found in violation of the Espionage Act — opening the former president up to a number of charges.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/donald-trump-indicted-what-is-espionage-act-and-punishments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trump Indicted for Crime Every Admin in Last 40 Years was Guilty Of

This is once again a process crime created by the Dems investigating Trump
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
DOJ actions here are beyond vile!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Trump Indicted for Crime Every Admin in Last 40 Years was Guilty Of

This is once again a process crime created by the Dems investigating Trump

Absolutely.  Meanwhile .... Hunter & Brandon remain unscathed, and the FBI investigation is a joke as they are so corrupt that they are basically investigating themselves as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Absolutely.  Meanwhile .... Hunter & Brandon remain unscathed, and the FBI investigation is a joke as they are so corrupt that they are basically investigating themselves as well.

Our form of government cannot survive this level of corruption!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Espionage Act is words on a piece of paper that means nothing to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

One is being indicted; the other wasn't.

Creates the appearance of political discretionary application of the law(s) of this country.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.