Author Topic: HANDS OFF: Walgreens unveils new anti-theft kiosk at redesigned Chicago store to combat organized re  (Read 984 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HANDS OFF: Walgreens unveils new anti-theft kiosk at redesigned Chicago store to combat organized retail crime
Thursday, June 08, 2023 by: Laura Harris

(Natural News) Walgreens has unveiled new anti-theft measures at its redesigned store in Chicago as a solution to rising retail crime, but customers are complaining of being unable to shop for themselves.

Company executives made significant changes to their stores to prevent thefts which have been on the rise in retail outlets, with big box stores like Walgreens being the main targets due to how easy it is to steal from them.

At one Walgreens store at 2 East Roosevelt in downtown Chicago, the entire store was completely redesigned in a way where there are just two short aisles where customers are allowed to shop for themselves. These aisles of “touchable merchandise” consist mostly of food and drinks in a “Grab & Go Snacks” section as well as other so-called “essentials.”

The rest of the store has been placed behind staffed counters where customers can shop through a digital kiosk system. Here, customers can select the items they wish to purchase. After making their choices, shoppers proceed to the checkout counter, where an employee retrieves their selected products. This system has also been adopted in the store’s pharmacy section.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-06-08-walgreens-unveils-new-anti-theft-kiosk-store.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Next up:

Laws that will prohibit the stocking of merchandise "behind glass and out of reach" of the customers.

Along with additional complimentary legislation (similar to that which just passed in California) that bars store employees from stopping shoplifters, under the penalty of law...

Online LMAO

Next up:

Laws that will prohibit the stocking of merchandise "behind glass and out of reach" of the customers.

Along with additional complimentary legislation (similar to that which just passed in California) that bars store employees from stopping shoplifters, under the penalty of law...

Followed by a state and/or federal law stating that businesses cannot leave high crime areas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

More nails into the coffin of brick and mortar stores... Especially in cities.

Online LMAO

More nails into the coffin of brick and mortar stores... Especially in cities.

And a continuation of the deterioration of America’s cities
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO predicts:
"Followed by a state and/or federal law stating that businesses cannot leave high crime areas..."

Now you're gettin' into "Directive 10-289" territory...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Anyone remember retailers like Service Merchandise and Best Products that had nothing for sale on shelves? Everything was in a catalog, you wrote the item and it's stock number on an order ticket took it to a register, paid and then waited for your purchase to be sent out from the back warehouse. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen with all retailers in these infested areas, then all the cockroaches will hop in their roach mobiles and drive to areas where product is still on open shelves and destroy those stores. Back in the 70's - 90's we used to have scum drive from LA county well into Orange County to rob backs and jewelry stores because there was easy freeway access, some learned the very hard way that back then the Fountain Valley PD was, shall we say less than shy about using deadly force?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Anyone remember retailers like Service Merchandise and Best Products that had nothing for sale on shelves? Everything was in a catalog, you wrote the item and it's stock number on an order ticket took it to a register, paid and then waited for your purchase to be sent out from the back warehouse. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen with all retailers in these infested areas, then all the cockroaches will hop in their roach mobiles and drive to areas where product is still on open shelves and destroy those stores. Back in the 70's - 90's we used to have scum drive from LA county well into Orange County to rob backs and jewelry stores because there was easy freeway access, some learned the very hard way that back then the Fountain Valley PD was, shall we say less than shy about using deadly force?

This is why I have been saying for a long time that any malls that have a light rail stop built there are doomed within 3 years.  Cities do it with no input allowed by the mall owners.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is why I have been saying for a long time that any malls that have a light rail stop built there are doomed within 3 years.  Cities do it with no input allowed by the mall owners.

It's exactly why the Washington, D.C. Metro stops do NOT exist in Georgetown...NW, D.C..

They tried like hell...screamed "racism", but a line was drawn.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's exactly why the Washington, D.C. Metro stops do NOT exist in Georgetown...NW, D.C..

They tried like hell...screamed "racism", but a line was drawn.

In Phoenix MAG, which is a Countywide taxing authority, put stops at all the major malls when planning the light rail they have now, and the malls started closing one by one as the system was/is constructed. 

The rails brought the crime out to the burbs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

B&H in NYC does it that way even now.

Offline mountaineer

The mall in my old neighborhood in Pa. has been closed for years. There are a lot of reasons for its demise, but a significant one is that public transit ran from a certain crime-ridden town a few miles away directly to the mall. It got so the locals were afraid to shop there, due to the roving mobs of bus pass-toting urban yoots.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org