Author Topic: Judicial Watch: Clinton Sock Drawer Audio Tape Case Exonerates Pres. Trump  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUNE 08, 2023
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
Judicial Watch: Clinton Sock Drawer Audio Tape Case Exonerates Pres. Trump

From One America News Network:

A decade old legal case that could exonerate former President Donald Trump has been buried by legacy media.

“[Special counsel] Jack Smith is terrified of the only standing legal case decision from a court concerning the Presidential Records Act,” said Chris Farrell, Director of Investigations at Judicial Watch.

The case Farrell is referring to is titled Judicial Watch v. National Archives and Records Administration – also known as the “Clinton sock drawer” case. Former President Bill Clinton created White House audio tapes with historian Taylor Branch and stored them in his sock drawer. Judicial Watch sued to obtain access to the tapes and lost.

“He took them from the White House with him into private life,” said Farrell. “There’s classified material on those tapes and arguably it’s the sort of running stream of consciousness record of Bill Clinton’s presidency. Pretty important stuff.”

https://www.judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-clinton-sock-drawer-audio-tape-case-exonerates-pres-trump/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

But that case is totally different.  Bill Clinton was a Democrat, you see.  Laws only apply to Republicans.  Like Nixon for example.  He made tapes just like Clinton.  But he was ordered to surrender his tapes while Clinton was allowed to keep his.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

But that case is totally different.  Bill Clinton was a Democrat, you see.  Laws only apply to Republicans.  Like Nixon for example.  He made tapes just like Clinton.  But he was ordered to surrender his tapes while Clinton was allowed to keep his.

:thumbsup: