Author Topic: Mayor: Why should my town bail out failure of Dems on illegal migrants?  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayor: Why should my town bail out failure of Dems on illegal migrants?
By James A. Gagliano
June 8, 2023 7:05pm  Updated

As Republican mayor of Cornwall-on-Hudson in Orange County, James A. Gagliano was invited on a call with New York Mayor Eric Adams, where Adams encouraged the towns to accept migrants bussed from the city. Here, the retired FBI supervisory special agent, explains how the mayor dodged his questions. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Cornwall-on-Hudson’s board of trustees.

“Number one: Because it’s printed in The New York Post doesn’t make it a fact.”

That was Mayor Adams’ curious response to me when I bluntly asked him on a May 12 conference call why upstate, rule-of-law communities like Orange County should bear the brunt of New York City’s defiant “sanctuary city” status.

Adams had recently begun unilaterally bussing people to upstate hotels without prior coordination with county or local officials, and mayors such as myself were upset.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/08/mayor-why-should-my-town-bail-out-failure-of-dems-on-illegal-migrants/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 11:20:13 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson