Author Topic: Toyota Study Shows Electric Vehicles Unnecessary To Lower CO2 Emissions  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS LIFSON ON JUN 8, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Toyota Study Shows Electric Vehicles Unnecessary To Lower CO2 Emissions

car plantVirtually alone among major auto manufacturers, Toyota has been a skeptic about the conversion of vehicle fleets to battery-powered electric vehicles.

For people incapable of thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead, EVs are “zero emission” and therefore “save the planet” from CO2 (presumed to control the Earth’s temperature despite no statistical correlation). [emphasis, links added]

But this leaves out the environmental and CO2 cost of generating and transmitting electricity (mostly by burning coal in the US and many other countries), manufacturing (and recycling) the enormous batteries, and the energy and wear and tear cost of the much-heavier cars that result.

Energy losses due to resistance in power lines generate heat and cost a substantial fraction of the energy input before the consumer uses the output.

Nonetheless, rival manufacturers such as Ford and GM have leaped into the transition and are investing billions—and enduring billions in losses to convert their products to EVs.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/toyota-study-shows-electric-vehicles-unnecessary-to-lower-co2-emissions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson