Author Topic: Thermosphere is Cooling, Bad for Satellites. Thermosphere is Heating, Bad for Satellites.  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thermosphere is Cooling, Bad for Satellites. Thermosphere is Heating, Bad for Satellites.
4 days ago Charles Rotter

There’s a long running joke about stories with the structure: world will end tomorrow women and minorities hurt the most. Either that or heads I win tails you lose after reading the following two articles.

Going through emails today I received a tip about this story from Tom F

In an article in Yale 360 about a new study, Exceptional stratospheric contribution to human fingerprints on atmospheric temperature by our old friend Ben Santer, atmospheric scientist Martin Mlynczak, an atmospheric physicist at the NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, amplifies Santer’s concerns about the cooling, shrinking thermosphere.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/05/thermosphere-is-cooling-bad-for-satellites-thermosphere-is-heating-bad-for-satellites/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson