Author Topic: A Government at War with Its People  (Read 384 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Government at War with Its People
« on: June 08, 2023, 06:14:56 pm »
June 8, 2023
A Government at War with Its People
By J.B. Shurk

Warfare requires deception.  The federal government habitually lies to the American people.  Consider that an admission that it sees itself at war with those it claims to serve.

You might have noticed that the word "propaganda" has been somewhat retired from polite conversation.  Occasionally, some State-allied news corporation will apply the term to a public statement coming from inside Russia, but otherwise, the idea that governments promote falsehoods cloaked as official truths has quietly disappeared. 

Instead, ordinary information enjoyed and shared among regular people is now targeted for classification.  An alliance of national governments, international institutions, and propaganda engines disguised as disinterested nonprofits has sprung up to toss "unacceptable" thoughts into garbage piles for "mis-," "mal-," and "dis-" information trash bins.  As with everything else in modern society, the cult of expertise has even given us "disinformation experts" to decide what knowledge belongs where. 

The small coterie of "disinformation experts" recognized and promoted by governments then monitor what the common people are saying among themselves, cast their nets around anything "unacceptable," and stigmatize those words and thoughts as deserving of censorship.  Perhaps one day soon there will be academic degrees in "disinformation" or special licenses distinguishing State-approved professionals as qualified to tell the rest of us what is real.  As a rule of thumb, if you want to know what kinds of knowledge governments fear their citizens possessing, look to the subjects that require numerous layers of authority validation before access is granted or titles are conferred.  Now the knowledge that governments fear their citizens possessing is simply information outside their control. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/a_government_at_war_with_its_people.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: A Government at War with Its People
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 07:51:06 pm »
This is a very good article that should be widely read. Thanks @rangerrebew
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 09:01:30 pm »

Ditto
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 09:57:48 pm »
Yep. It pretty much sums up what is happening.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 10:01:37 pm »
Of course, that's only one aspect of the government making war on the citizenry (confirmed by the "Twitter files").  There's also the fact that they engage in signals intelligence against us (as revealed by Edward Snowden).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 11:21:31 pm »
Reader David wrote:
"There's also the fact that they engage in signals intelligence against us (as revealed by Edward Snowden)."

Just as "George Floyd wasn't murdered"...

"Edward Snowden wasn't a traitor".