Author Topic: Video shows Austin’s ‘crown jewel’ trail trashed by hidden homeless camps  (Read 808 times)

Offline Kamaji

Video shows Austin’s ‘crown jewel’ trail trashed by hidden homeless camps: ‘It’s destroyed’

By Bradford Bretz, Fox News
June 8, 2023

Jamie Hammonds said city policies have pushed homeless into areas where the public can’t see them

An Austin, Texas, resident is raising awareness of the city’s homeless problem and its unseen impact on greenbelt areas. 

Jamie Hammonds, an investigative filmmaker who runs the organization Documenting Austin’s Streets and Homeless, or DASH, shared videos Wednesday on Twitter, showing a homeless encampment in the Violet Crown Trail after roughly a year of neglect.

“It’s destroyed. It will never be the same,” Hammonds tweeted.

A real-estate agent concurred, saying the “environmental damage from these camps is immense.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/08/video-shows-austins-violet-crown-trail-trashed-by-homeless-camps/

Offline Kamaji

It's a shame, but since Austin is a liberal city, it's more or less what they voted for.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Nonsense of solving imaginary problems - like decarbonization and bicycle lanes - carries the Opporunity Cost of not solving real problems.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

It's a shame, but since Austin is a liberal city, it's more or less what they voted for.

Well, their motto is...Keep Austin weird. I's very sad. Even though Austin has always been liberal, it was at one time a beautiful city. Great music.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

About a decade ago or so volunteers from my church did a cleanup of the Guadalupe River Trail encampments (coordinated with the City of San Jose and not in conflict with the encamped homeless people). They cleared out tons of stuff, ranging from ordinary litter to broken down sofas and mattresses. They had to use 2 or 3 times the number of dumpsters they had originally estimated. The change wasn't long lasting, sadly.

The Austin trail could be cleaned out and eventually be restored, but unless the Sacred Homeless are cleaned out, recovery could not happen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Nonsense of solving imaginary problems - like decarbonization and bicycle lanes - carries the Opportunity Cost of not solving real problems.

Well said. Too many people don't understand Opportunity Cost.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
About a decade ago or so volunteers from my church did a cleanup of the Guadalupe River Trail encampments (coordinated with the City of San Jose and not in conflict with the encamped homeless people). They cleared out tons of stuff, ranging from ordinary litter to broken down sofas and mattresses. They had to use 2 or 3 times the number of dumpsters they had originally estimated. The change wasn't long lasting, sadly.

The Austin trail could be cleaned out and eventually be restored, but unless the Sacred Homeless are cleaned out, recovery could not happen.

One does not fix a leaky faucet by cleaning up the water damage and ignoring the faucet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Shocking map shows explosion of homelessness in Austin, Texas with 10,000 living in 168 camps
By MaryAnn Martinez   
June 23, 2023 3:37pm...

Story at New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org